A free parent seminar on raising teens with a focus on male image and your son.
All parents and carers are invited to this free seminar on raising teens in our contemporary society, presented by David and Katie Kobler from YourChoicez.
The transition from boyhood to manhood can be challenging, confusing and scary. Damaging stereotypes suggesting manhood is about being tough, emotionless, hypersexual, and aggressive, continue to cause problems personally, relationally and culturally for young men within our society.
What is a helpful definition of manhood? What does it take to be a good man?
Through the use of stories, anecdotes, research, and a dynamic presenter, students will leave with a big choice to make; what type of man do I want to be?
Topics we cover:
- Real Man vs. Good Man– What is it that actually makes a man?
- Stereotypes– Breaking the chains to become an authentic man
- Emotion– How to take off the mask and be real with your feelings.
- Relationships– The ingredients to a healthy respectful relationship
- Sexual decision making– A discussion that helps young people think through what sex is for, why our society is so obsessed with it, and how to make a decision rather than simply respond to a circumstance.
- Pornography– A scientific discussion about the impact this has both personally and relationally.
- Love– The word that so many struggle to define, what is it? How do you show it? What makes it real?We provide a chance for staff and students to engage in powerful group discussion that will strengthen teacher / student pastoral relationships. Fully supportive of each religious schools ethos in both content and approach.
Read more about David Kobler at http://yourchoicez.com.au/