The Parents’ Association aims to:
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment to make it easier for parents to meet, socialise and become involved in College life, and thereby enjoy a “sense of belonging” to the Waverley College Parent Community.
- Provide a conduit for the raising of funds via school levies and other fundraising activities for the benefit of our children, via either the Parents’ Association or any of our other Parent Supporters Groups.
- Provide a forum for matters affecting our children’s education and development to be productively discussed.
- Represent parents in circumstances where it is appropriate to do so.
- Work in partnership with the College in providing our children with a Catholic education in the tradition of Edmund Ignatius Rice.
Meet the Committee
President – Mary Ramsay
Vice President – Lisa Sullivan-Smith
Vice President – Stephanie van Dam
Secretary – Lamya Sadi
Treasurer – Deb Johnson
All parents are warmly invited to attend Waverley College Parent Association (WCPA) meetings. The Head of College usually attends and presents a report on College activities and developments. WCPA meetings are normally held once per term. Parents will be notified via the Nurrunga newsletter or Skoolbag regarding location and time.
Key dates for your diary:
Friday 20th March – Welcome Cocktail Party
Tuesday 10th March PA Meeting – 6.00pm
Sunday 3rd May May Procession and Feast of Blessed Edmund Rice – Morning Tea
Tuesday 12th May PA Meeting – 6.00pm
Tuesday 8th September PA Meeting – 6.00pm
Wednesday 11th November AGM and PA Meeting – 6.00pm
Saturday 22nd November PA End of year Function for Old Boys, Past and Present Parents and Carers
Year Parents and Social Events
Waverley College recognises the importance of building a strong network of parents and students within each year group as well as across the whole parent community. Parent WhatsApp Groups for each year enable easy day-to-day communication as well as an opportunity to get involved in events both in and out of the College. Please contact your year representatives if you would like to join the conversation.
Parent Representatives 2020
Year 5 – Jade Stapleton, Liz Clothier, Rebecca Nicholson
Year 6 – Camille Owen
Year 7 – Jade Stapleton, Lucette Parkes
Year 8 – Rozy Dorizas, Cinzia Montresor
Year 9 – Gloria Reimer, Veronica Green, Lamya Sadi
Year 10 – Liz O’Neil, Violetta Elliott, Roslyn Diesner
Year 11 – Alison Gibson, Anne Clerc Johnson
Year 12 – Maureen Andrews, Sarah Hopes
Past Parents – Linda McGuiggan, Donna Drew Morris
Clothing Pool Reps – Martine Brenac, Lou Nolan, Shara Quinn
Events that the College runs in conjunction with the Parents’ Association include:
- Waverley College Parents Association Welcome Cocktail Party
- Year 6 Graduation & Farewell
- Welcome to New Students & Families Morning Tea
- May Procession Afternoon Tea
- Year 12 Graduation Lunch
- Mother’s & Father’s Day Morning Tea
- Blue & Gold Ball 2020 (Bi-Annual)