The Parents’ Association aims to:
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment to make it easier for parents to meet, socialise and become involved in College life, and thereby enjoy a “sense of belonging” to the Waverley College Parent Community.
- Provide a conduit for the raising of funds via school levies and other fundraising activities for the benefit of our children, via either the Parents’ Association or any of our other Parent Supporters Groups.
- Provide a forum for matters affecting our children’s education and development to be productively discussed.
- Represent parents in circumstances where it is appropriate to do so.
- Work in partnership with the College in providing our children with a Catholic education in the tradition of Edmund Ignatius Rice.
Meet the Committee
Parents’ Association President – Jade Stapleton with her boys Axel (Year 6) and Fox (Year 8)
President – Jade Stapleton
Vice President – Lisa Sullivan-Smith
Vice President – Lamya Sadi
Secretary – Stephanie van Dam
Treasurer – Deb Johnson
All parents are warmly invited to attend Waverley College Parent Association (WCPA) meetings. The Head of College usually attends and presents a report on College activities and developments. WCPA meetings are normally held once per term. Parents will be notified via the Nurrunga newsletter or Skoolbag regarding location and time.
Year Parents and Social Events
Waverley College recognises the importance of building a strong network of parents and students within each year group as well as across the whole parent community. Parent Facebook Groups for each year enable easy day-to-day communication as well as an opportunity to get involved in events both in and out of the College. Please contact your year representatives if you would like to join the conversation.
Events that the College runs in conjunction with the Parents’ Association include:
- Waverley College Parents Association Welcome Cocktail Party
- Year 6 Graduation & Farewell
- Welcome to New Students & Families Morning Tea
- May Procession Afternoon Tea
- Year 12 Graduation Lunch
- Mother’s & Father’s Day Morning Tea
- Blue & Gold Ball (Bi-Annual)