As a Catholic College for boys in Years 5-12, we strive to empower all students to realise their academic and personal potential to actively contribute to society.
We achieve our mission by:
- Inspiring individualised learning for all students through a holistic education focused on wellbeing and the EREA Touchstones.
- Nurturing student strengths through a wide range of spiritual, intellectual, social, cultural, physical and creative endeavours.
- Valuing and cultivating high standards of academic achievement for all our students.
- Engaging in partnership with our parents/ carers, alumni and the local community.
Our graduates are enterprising global citizens who contribute to all parts of society and promote equality, equity, advocacy and social justice. These are reflected in the College’s motto, Virtus Sola Nobilitat – ‘Virtue is its own reward’.
An education at Waverley College places the learner at the core of our community within the framework of a Catholic College in the Edmund Rice tradition.
- Learning takes place in a positive and supportive environment
- Learning styles are tailored to meet the individual needs of the student
- Learning must connect to each of the emotional, social, physical and spiritual domains
- Learning involves critical thinking
- Learning is a lifelong process
We open hearts and minds, through quality teaching and learning experiences, so that through critical reflection and engagement, each person is hope-filled and free to build a better world for all.
We invite all people into the story of Jesus and strive to make his message of compassion, justice and peace a living reality within our community.
Our community is accepting and welcoming, fostering right relationships and committed to the common good.
Justice & Solidarity
We are committed to justice and peace for all, grounded in a spirituality of action and reflection that calls us to stand in solidarity with those who are marginalised and the Earth itself.