From the Assistant Head of Senior Sport, Stephanie Floyd
Welcome back to another season of Waverley Swimming!
Training has just begun for another year, but many of our swimmers have been competing throughout the winter season, and a few major achievements need to be mentioned:
- Stuart Swinburn swam at the Junior World Championships in the USA, finishing fourth in the 200 Backstroke.
- Erwan Le Pechoux swam at the NSW State Shortcourse Championships, finishing second in the 400 Freestyle and third in the 200 Freestyle.
- Monday – 6.45am to 8.15am; 3.30pm to 5.00pm
- Tuesday – 6.45am to 8.15am (Blue Compulsory)
- Wednesday – 6.45am to 8.15am (Gold Compulsory); 3.30pm to 5.00pm
- Thursday – 645am to 8.15am; 3.30pm to 5.00pm
Our first event of the season is Time Trials at the College Pool on Friday 20 October (Week 2). Warm up starts at 5:30pm with races beginning at 6pm.
Any students who would like to improve their swimming or fitness are more than welcome at any training session or Friday time trials.