Recent Awards and Performances
The past few weeks have been very hectic for both staff and students in the Music Faculty.
Congratulations to the following students on their excellent results in the recent AMEB Woodwind and Brass examinations:
|Harrison Gippel||Year 8||Grade 4||Clarinet||Honours|
|Liam Russell||Year 7||Grade 4||Clarinet||Credit|
|Alistair Isaac||Year 7||Grade 3||Clarinet||Credit|
|Harrison Palmer||Year 9||Grade 3||Trumpet||Credit|
|Henry Kidd||Year 6||Grade 2||Saxophone||Credit|
|Campbell McCarthy||Year 6||Grade 2||Flute||Credit|
|James Nestor||Year 6||Grade 1||Trombone||Honours|
|Mark Rede||Year 5||Grade 1||Baritone Horn||Honours|
|James Birbas||Year 6||Grade 1||Trombone||Credit|
|Jeremy Jos-Rolland||Year 6||Grade 1||Trombone||Credit|
Thank you to Mrs Pinter, Mr Jamie McCarthy, Mr Alexander Lee and Mr Toby Armstrong for preparing the students so thoroughly for the exams.
- The guitar students of Mr Paul Peipman presented polished and entertaining performances at a recent Guitar Recital.
- The Waterford Junior Band and the Matthew Coorey Concert Band performed at the recent NSW School Band Festival, both bands received a Bronze award. Thank you to Mr Dan Williams and Mr Chris Blenkinsopp for their work with these bands.
- The European Tour Jazz Band gave an upbeat performance of ‘Skyfall’ at the recent Sport and Co-Curricular Assembly.
- Thank you to Ms Rollins and the Cantores for providing beautiful music for the Father’s Day Mass along with soloists Alexander Jones , Year 10 (piano) and Guy Hammerschmidt, Year 8 (trombone).
- The Year 11 Music Recital gave the students the opportunity to showcase their performances for family and friends. The students presented a wide range of music and there were many outstanding performances. The recital was attended by all Music staff from both the Junior and senior campuses.
- Finally our Year 12 Music students have given their final HSC performances this week and submitted their compositions and essays to NESA. We wish the boys all the best for their exams next term.
The following student received awards for their commitment to Music ensembles at the recent Sport and Co-Curricular Assembly:
Cliff Goodchild Band – Remi Defina-Sperando
Matthew Coorey Band – Alistair Isaac
Senior Jazz Band – Oliver Ruse
Junior Jazz Band – Guy Hammerschmidt
College Choir – Damian Lin
GuitarEnsemble – Dylan Purbrik