From the Development Manager, Rebecca Curran
The Blue and Gold Ball, held in the BR JP Lacey Gymnasium on Friday 18 August, was attended by 660 people.
Guests gathered in Braidwood for cocktails and canapés and were entertained by Hiaground (with old boy Liam Byrne, Class of 2014, on drums).
Inside, the gym was transformed into an oasis – the lighting design was courtesy of Nicholas Madunic, Class of 2013.
We were privileged to welcome special guest Br Brian Murphy cfc to say Grace with us before tucking into delicious baked salmon and lamb shoulder platters from Bold Food Catering (Johnny and Kate Tibbetts, Waverley parents). Wine and beer were provided by United Cellars (Justine Whitehouse, Year 5 parent) and Lion Co (Gordon Trenoar, Year 5 parent) respectively.
Our other special guest, Olympic gold medallist Bronte Campbell, cut our special celebration cake, which was donated by Sweet Sugar Pearls.
We were pleased to welcome back some of last year’s graduating class to assist with fundraising activities on the night – Tyzac Bailey, Andrew Cotton, Costa Fragias, Ben O’Sullivan, Tom Fuller, Jonathan Kupershteyn, Finn Mergler and Thomas Faddy.
Guests were able to purchase wristbands to gain entry to the cocktail bar upstairs run by Trolley’d – all funds raised will be donated to RUOK?
Overall, the College was able to raise, with the help of our community, just over $73,000. This will go towards the landscaping of the Centenary Quadrangle and the cricket nets in the Junior School.
We raised over $5,000 for RUOK? which will be presented to the charity on RUOK? Day in September.
Well done to our Live Auction Prize Winners:
- Andrew Crotty – The Marty Wilson, TED Speaker & Comic Keynote Speaker Package
- John Higgins – Trolley’d Cocktail Party for 40 + MoCu Voucher
- Russell Mohi – Barangaroo Co-Op Office Space & Career Kickstart Package
- Ryan Davis – Thailand Luxury Getaway + $1,300 Cash
- Shane Filipek – Lunch for 12 at the Charing Cross Hotel with ex-Wallabies and Waverley College Old Boys Owen Finegan, Stephen Hoiles and Adam Freier.
As well, our Silent Auction winners:
- Melanie Abbott, Deborah Astelarra, Silvia Bell, Karen Birrell,Nicole Bowman, Danielle Brown, Melissa Cahill, Ginny Caldwell, Brad Christensen, Anne Clerc-Johnson, Nora Crotty, Kathleen Davies, John Donovan, Rod Ellis, Glen Felstead, Andrew Ferguson, Victoria Fucci, Tess Gallagher, Alison Gibson, Anthony Gregorio, Tanya Halbert, Annaleisa Hampshire, Sam Hardjono (Board Chair), Paul Hinds, Sarah Hope, David Doll, Anmaree Kanakis, Lucia-Anne Kreller, Alison Maree, Louise Mattick, Prez McCormick, Meredith McCluskey, Damian Mullins, Milla Palacio, Isabel Passicot, Nadine Punch, Mary Ramsay, Mark Reimer, Sally Ringrose, Annemie Schai, Stephanie Schofield, Catherine Stand, Della Stanley, Lisa Sullivan Smith, Jodi Sweeney, Keiran Tanner, Peter Woodward and Anneke Zilich.
Our Raffle Prizes were won by:
- Darren Farmeary – 1st Prize, Robbie Chapman 18ct White Gold Filigree Diamond Dress Ring worth $2,600
- Paul Fernandes – 2nd Prize, SMEG Kitchen Appliances worth $1,500
- Patrick Molloy – 3rd Prize, Estee Lauder Beauty Hamper worth $1,500
- Leigh Knight – 4th Prize, Alcohol Hamper worth $1,000
I would like to thank all families, old boys, friends and local business who donated items:
Marty Wilson, Trolley’d, Gordon Trenoar (Lion Co.), Liane Gorman (Servcorp), Jill Livesey (Career Kickstart), The Rizzo Family, The McLean Family (Infinity Resorts), Year 11 Parents, The Waverley College Board, Owen Finegan, Stephen Hoiles, Adam Freier, The Charing Cross Hotel, The Klotz Family (The York by Swiss-Belhotel), The Tilley Family (Verandah Bar), The Poulos Family, The Hatziandreou Family, The Whitaker Family (Shorty’s Liquor), Young Henry’s Brewery Newtown, Andrew Ferguson (Karabiner), Nick Rizzo Football Academy, Aboriginal Contemporary Charing Cross, Pure Public Relations, Cafe Sorelle, V.I.C Design Direction, Luumo, Darley Street Bistro, The Jenkins Family, Suzy Belavic, Geraldine Curran at Titans Fitness Coogee, Mia Mirtsos (Something Nice), Dimi & Peter Mormanis (Opa Designs), Pasta Emilia, The Australian Turf Club, The Kelly Family (Doncaster Hotel), Admire Limousines, The Di Giorgio Family (www.livingedge.com.au), The Ashbridge Family (Catmint Interior Design), Estee Lauder Companies, Karen Liddle, The Makeup Organizer, Joanne Bakis (Unique Hair), Nicole Bowman (Escential Brands), Ginger & Smart Paddington, The Tyson Family (Sydney Swans), Denis Hickey, Bondi Boxing Gym, The Royal Oak Hotel (Justin, Edward, Phillip and James Malouf), The Moran Family (Starling & Co), The Abbot Family, Maria Townsend & Steve Sampson (Corlette Beach House), The Davies Family, Australian Rugby Union, Craig & Jo Markham (Shoal Breaks), Dean Jones (www.glamcorner.com.au), The Pether Family, The Westwood Family (Dinner Ladies), Endeavour Education Booksellers, Luke Leland at Wet Paint Restaurant, Leizel & Peter Preller (Toni & Guy), Wendy Jones (Kazsue Hair Design), Lisa Sullivan Smith (The Clinic), Ellis Plumbing, Maloney’s Grocer (Rochelle D’Ettore), Agoga Fitness, Shane Filipek (The Punter’s Pal), John O’Neil (Sawtell Beach House), Sarah& Rick Stein (Bannisters), Rozy Crosson (Moss & Spy), Bondi Lash & Beauty Clinic, Kupu Design, Jacinta French (Bondi Mind), Naomi Hamilton Photography, Rod Williamson, Merivale (Charlie Parker’s), Maureen Andrews (Coogee Boutique), Robert Padoani, Rosie Radicic (Bonnie & Neil), Hotel Ravesis (Maryanne Larkin), Pose & Pout Makeup, Charing Cross Pharmacy and Sydney Roosters.
A big thank you also to our auctioneer on the night, Nicholas Armstrong-Smith of Century 21 Bondi Junction, and Marty Wilson our MC.
This night would not have been possible without the efforts of our Ball committee – Lisa Sullivan Smith, Deb Johnson, Vicki Rizzo, Kathy Davies, Marty Wilson, Summer Keipert, Tina Fragias, Linda McGuiggan, Rozy Crosson, Jen Divall, Cindy Pether, Donna Drew, Cooper Silk, Craig Markham and Richard Flitcroft as well as the efforts of many staff here at Waverley College.
The comments and feedback I have received have been overwhelmingly positive – many of you commenting on what a great night it was, how lovely it was to meet many new parents, how awesome the gym looked and the rave reviews for the food and the band!
And lastly, thank you to the Waverley College community – your strength as a community and your passion for the College really shone through on the night.
Photos Available for Purchase
Our photographer, Sheridan Nilsson, has assembled a wonderful collection of photos which are available for purchase for $20 per high resolution photo.
You can view the gallery by clicking HERE.
Purchases can only be made by direct deposit to the Waverley College bank account.
Once you place an order, you will be sent an email with your order reference number. You must use this order reference number as the reference in the direct deposit. The direct deposit details will also be contained in the order email.
After verification of your payment, you will receive your digital file via email.
The gallery will be available for viewing until Friday 8 September.
Junior School – Father’s Day gifts
The Waverley College Parents’ Association has once again sourced some great gifts for Father’s Day this year. Our vouchers for father and son bonding time will no doubt be a hit with the boys!
We are offering these vouchers for the boys to order for their dads / grandads / uncles / any special male in their life.
Gifts can be ordered via TryBooking here. If you don’t have means to order electronically, please request order form from Mrs Coupe at Junior School reception.
Three gifts are offered for your selection:
- $20 – movie voucher for father and son at Ritz Cinema
- $29 – breakfast for father and son at Cafe Sorelle (includes breakfast & hot drink)
- $23 – bowling voucher for father and son at Manhattan Bowling, Mascot
As all money raised goes towards fundraising efforts for the College, all your support is really appreciated.