This week, we are preparing for our Promotions Course Camp to be held in the first week of the school holidays at Winbourne Conference Centre in Mulgoa.
This is always an important week in the Cadet Calendar, as our dedicated and motivated young men and women learn the skills they need to practise and refine their leadership of the Unit over the coming Cadet Year. It also provides the chance to re-establish high standards and expectations to model for our new recruits starting in Term 3.
A big thank you to our Cadet staff for their dedication in developing our new young leaders on Promotions Course Camp.
Cadets Calendar Dates 2022 – 23
The new Cadet Year starts Term 3 2022 and concludes Term 2 2023.
Our new rank and staff will parade on Friday, 22 July, to prepare for our new recruits who will parade for the first time on Friday, 29 July.
Parents and students, please make note of the following dates for your calendars in 2022 and 2023:
- 16-17 July and 23-24 July: Year 8 Recruit Uniform and Kit Issue Days (by appointment – more information to follow)
- 22 July: Rank and Staff Parade
- 29 July: Commanding Officer’s Welcome Parade (with Recruits)
- 26-28 August: Bivouac (Whole Unit)
- 15 October: CAS Milskills Competition (selected cadets only)
- 25 October: Golden Boot Competition
- 11 November: Remembrance Day
- 10-13 December: WEC Trek Extension Camp (limited openings for Years 9-12)
- 30-31 March: AFX Advance Party
- 1-6 April: AFX Main Body
- 6 April: End of Recruit Training
- 2 June: CAS Drill Competition (selected cadets only)
- 4 June: Passing Out Parade and Annual Award Presentation (whole Unit)
- 4 June: Dining-In Night (Year 12 Cadets and parents, plus invited stewards)
- 10-15 July: Promotions Courses 2023 (proposed)
MAJ(AAC) Julie-Ann de Kantzow
Commanding Officer – WCCU