Waverley College welcomes auditions from boys in Year 9 (2024) upwards for Tartuffe (the Hypocrite) by Moliére, being performed in 2024 at the PAC!
The Plot : Orgon is the man who has everything. Money, power, a beautiful family. But lately he’s been questioning the point of it all. When he invites Tartuffe into his perfect household, he unleashes a whirlwind of deception and seduction that threatens everything.
With Orgon under Tartuffe’s spell, can his family outwit this charismatic trickster? Are Tartuffe’s wild claims truth or fiction? Is this mysterious stranger the villain he appears?
Updated to a 1980s setting, this new version of Moliére’s comic masterpiece looks at the lengths we go to find meaning – and what happens when we find chaos instead!
Tartuffe will be performed from Tuesday, 18 June – Thursday, 20 June 2024 with rehearsals starting in Term 1 2024.
Please note that we are after boys from Year 9 upwards for this particular play, as it’s the last chance for some of our senior boys to shine in a Waverley production. Younger boys will get a chance to audition next year for a 2025 school musical to be performed at the NIDA theatre.
If You Are Interested:
- Read the following character breakdowns here.
- Select a monologue from the list here and get familiar with it (you don’t have to learn it off by heart but you will perform it, script in hand, for the audition).
- Click on this Google form link, put your name down and turn up on the audition day (click here for audition times).
- On the day, you will perform your speech (be prepared to stick around and read a further scene as directed).
- This play needs a big, fun, physical style. On the day, try to have fun with the character and don’t worry so much about not knowing the words!
Initial Audition Times
- Wednesday, 1 November 2023 – recess and lunchtime at the PAC.
- Friday, 3 November 2023 – recess and lunchtime at the PAC.
Email Mr Lamb firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Peter Lamb
Head of Drama/Entertainment
Director/Producer of ‘Tartuffe’