Report from the Director of Co-curricular, Steve O’Donnell
We have commenced our full training schedule and most students have commitments against Knox this weekend. Please allow for enough travel time if you are playing at Knox this weekend as all players need to be at their matches 30 minutes prior to the game, as a minimum.
Parents and students are reminded that any student who wants to request a change of winter co-curricular for 2018 needs to see either Ms Floyd or myself in the Wellbeing Centre before the end of next week. We are also now offering STEM for students in Year 7-12 as a winter co-curricular option.
A big thank you to our Basketball coaches who went on the recent USA/Canada tour. Mr Anthony Gibbs, Mr Tony Banboujikan, Mr James Spargo and Mr Richard Chen were fantastic and the feedback and conduct of the students was exemplary. I am sure that the hard work will be reflected in our performances this term.
I also want to congratulate the following students on their recent achievements:
- Dane Towns 1st in Regional Athletics High Jump
- Jack Hardwicke-Owen and Ryan Connolly CAS 1st XI Cricket
We will also have a number of students competing at the State Age Nipper titles for SLSNSW.
A reminder that any request for leave for Saturdays needs to be given to me with two weeks’ notice where possible. Only two exemptions will be granted per year. Any leave from school days must be addressed to a student’s Head of House.
We have some key dates coming up:
- Friday 16 February – last day for change of winter sport & CAS Swimming / Diving Invitational at SOPAC
- Monday 19 February to Friday 23 February – Summer Sports photos before and after school (schedule to follow)
- Friday 23 February– 1sts and 2nds Basketball v Cranbrook at Cranbrook
- Saturday 24 February– Christian Bros Swimming Carnival (Swim squad only)
- Thursday 1 March – House Swimming Carnival at Homebush
- Monday 5 March– Winter Sports Check
- Saturday 10 March – final round of Summer Sport and Cricket / Water Polo / Basketball presentations
- Monday 12 March – start of winter cocurricular program
- 15 March – CAS Swimming Championships at Homebush (compulsory for Years 8,10 & 11)
- Thursday 17 March – Internal Winter Trials
- Thursday 5 April – Summer Cocurricular Awards Assembly
As you can see it is a very busy term. All training schedules and fixtures can be found on the College website.
Good luck to all students and teams this weekend and ‘Go the Waves!’