The community COVID-19 situation is fluid and therefore we will need to remain agile and flexible in responding to the NSW Health Department’s directives.
NSW Health have issued new COVID-19 regulations and the following advice applies to the Junior and Senior Campus of Waverley College.
You must not enter campus:
- If you are showing any symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection
- If you have visited any of the locations identified by NSW Health
- If you have recently been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or is currently suspected of being positive
It is essential that Waverley College exclude students and staff with even mild symptoms of COVID-19 and encourage them to seek testing immediately. Parents of symptomatic students should provide evidence of a negative result prior to returning to school. The College will have COVID-19 Safety Plans and record keeping procedures in place for school events.
Students over the age of 12 and staff must comply with the Public Health (COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings) Order 2021 when travelling to and from school and during school excursions by public transport, or by chartered/private transport services. We encourage our Years 5 and 6 students to wear a facemask whilst travelling on public transport even if they are under the age of 12.
Visitors to school sites
Non-essential adults are not permitted on school grounds or at school events.
Parents and carers are not allowed on campus or at an offsite school event held during school hours except for:
- Drop off new students in Years 5 and 6 (Henrietta Street) and Year 7 (Birrell Street) on their first day of school
- Essential parent and carer meetings with teachers and/or school executives with a scheduled appointment
- Entering a school administration building to pick up your son if they are unwell
- Fulfilling canteen and uniform shop duties or to collect or purchase uniforms from the uniform shop
- Attend Parents’ Association meetings that can occur after school hours with restrictions
All visitors must sign in with the external visitors QR Code each time they enter the campus.