From Academic Enrichment Coordinator, Ms Belinda Buchan
Captivate the Future Public Speaking Competition
Captivate the Future is a public speaking competition that aims to empower students to share their stories and change their futures. It’s free to enter, allows everyone’s voices to be heard and is designed to give each participant an equal opportunity to share their message. All Senior School years, from 7 to 12, can enter in 2020.
How to Enter
1. Click here to complete and submit an application form
2. Choose a topic you’re passionate about
3. Write and refine your speech – it should last for no longer than 5 minutes
4. Practise, practise, practise!
5. Speak with passion
6. Record a video of yourself performing your speech – you can use your phone or tablet
Videos must be submitted before 10pm on 16 October 2020. Students are limited to one entry per yearly competition.
For help and more information, please email email@example.com.
TiE Young Entrepreneurs Program
The TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) program will run at Rosebank College in October this year with a series of structured workshops for high school students, where they learn how to come up with a good business idea and build a plan around it.
Participants are mentored in teams, culminating in a formal presentation of their idea and plan to a panel of experienced entrepreneurs. The winning team gets to pitch at the global TYE finale in 2021. The opportunity is open to students from Years 8 to 11. Applications and payments are made by the individual to TiE directly.
There are contingencies in place for overcoming issues with COVID-19, with an alternative plan to postpone until late January/early February. Places are limited.
– The aim of the program is to inspire, challenge and empower high school students to become the next generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders
– It’s a structured program that’s run in 23 cities around the world, with over 2,000 students participating to date
– The format comprises of formal education sessions/workshops and follow-up mentoring sessions to foster entrepreneurial thinking, personal leadership, confidence and a growth mindset
– The winning team from Sydney gets to pitch at the global TYE final