CAS Track & Field and Summer Sports Trials
Congratulations to the staff, coaches and members of the Waverley College CAS Track & Field Team on an outstanding performance last Thursday and over the whole season. Mr Jeremy Roff and Ms Rebecca Gair have led this group superbly, and to achieve an equal 2nd with Knox is an amazing result. This is our best result since 1995 and we are looking to continue to build on this in the coming seasons.
A huge thank you also to all of the staff who assisted on the evening and also to the parents/carers and students who came out to support. The following students broke College records and will be recognised in the 2024 College Diary:
- 13 years College Record: 13.82 90m Hurdles – Alex Bissell 13.25
- 13 years College Record: 57.34 400m – Alex Bissell 55.87
- 13 years – 4x100m College Record: 49.15, CAS Record – 47.56 – Rory Muldowney, Alex Bissell, Sunny Steyn, Ryan McNamara
- 13 years- 800m CAS 2:10.59 and College Record: 2:10.90 – Evan Rowbotham – 2:04.44
- 13 years – 1,500m CAS 4:25.48 and College Record: 4:27.06 – Evan Rowbotham – 4:23.23
- 14 years 4 x 100m College Record 47.59 – Riley Kolster, James Austin, Felix Kelly, Julian Minto 47.55
- 16 years 800m College Record 1:58.20 – Asher Thomasyu 1:57.01
- Opens 110m Hurdles College Record 14.98sec – Ryan Harper 14.95
2023 Track & Field Awards
Well done to the following students:
|Age Champion 2023|
|13s||Alex Bissell||Lukas Pendleton and Vidas Levi|
|14s||Julian Minto||Payton Tarau|
|15s||Jonah Barrett-Fungalei||Paula Teisina|
|16s||Asher Thomasyu||Xavier Parish|
|17s||Ricardo Zanapalis||Campbell Groves|
|Opens||Ryan Harper||Billy Lions|
|Best Team Man 2023|
|CAS Best Performance 2023|
|Opens||4 x 100 opens relay
|Doug Ricketson Cup – Most Improved Athlete||Lachlan Grant|
|Brother Lewis Award – Best Hurdler||Ryan Harper|
|Garry Judd Cup – Best Team Man||Jacob Hassan|
|Jeremy Roff Award – Best Middle Distance Athlete||Campbell Groves|
|Morris Curotta Cup – CAS Most Outstanding Athlete||Ryan Harper|
Summer Sports Trials
Last Saturday, we also had our first round of summer sport trials for Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, Touch Football and Water Polo. Teams will be announced soon, so we can go straight into training at the commencement of Term 4.
We do also have some holiday activities including some 1st XI Cricket fixtures and Basketball tournaments and camps.
I want to wish all of those students and coaches the very best for those upcoming activities and the whole College community a wonderful holiday period.