From the Registrar, Kylie Anderson
GO Foundation – Indigenous Scholarship Opportunity
Applications are now open for existing or future Indigenous students to apply for a GO Foundation Scholarship. You can download the application form here. Please return your application to the Registrar: email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 14 October at 9am
The GO Foundation was founded by Sydney Swans Legends, Adam Goodes and Michael O’Loughlin. As proud Aboriginal men, their names are synonymous with integrity, equality and opportunity.
Although Australia is a land of abundant wealth, many Indigenous Australians face a lack of opportunity and access. The GO Foundation provides 100% discrete scholarships to Indigenous students from kindergarten through to university, in public and independent schools, to students who live with family, in community and on country.
The GO Foundation chooses students based on a number of criteria:
- Financial need: GO Foundation scholarships are not means tested, but applicants who demonstrate financial need are more likely to be awarded a scholarship. GO Foundation will consider, in particular, the circumstances of the applicant’s family or immediate caregivers in considering this factor.
- Work ethic: Applicants should demonstrate an aspiration to work hard and achieve. Academic performance is helpful evidence, but it is not the only way in which an applicant might demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Cultural identity: Applicants should demonstrate a strong cultural identity or a desire to understand more about their cultural heritage.
- Rate of attendance at school: Applicants should have at least a reasonable rate of attendance at school. Note that GO Foundation scholars with low rates of attendance might potentially have their scholarship revoked. However, the GO Foundation may also look at any reasons for low attendance in assessing a student’s application.
- Desire to give back to the community: Applicants should care about their community, family and friends. Community service, volunteer work and certain extracurricular activities or memberships of organisations by applicant are considered.
- Passion for learning: Applicants should demonstrate a desire to learn and continue learning.
You can find out more about the partnership between GO Foundation and Waverley College here.