From the Director of Co-Curricular, Stephen O’Donnell
The College’s House Athletics Carnival will take place on Friday 29th June, 2018 at ES Marks Athletics Field.
The emphasis of the day is participation and friendly House competition. The day is also an excellent opportunity for boys to display their talents (hidden or known) in order to gain selection in the College Athletics Team. Boys will compete in their age category.
Do not let your son stay at home even if he does not like athletics. The day is a great community and house team building occasion. Resilience is built at times when we sometimes do not want to do something.
Dress to and from school: College tracksuit
Dress at the arena: House shirt, College shorts, House coloured garments, College cap, Sunscreen.
- Boys who require transport to the venue must be at school by 8.00 am
- Boys making their own way to the venue must be there no later than 8.45 am
Any boys interested in participating in Javelin or 3K run must be at ES Marks by 8am
- The morning roll call will be taken on arrival at the venue
- Expensive items are to be left at home.
- Boys will have very limited access to their bags during the day.
- Wallets and mobile phones can be stored in a secure area.
- Boys will return to the College by bus at the end of the day
- Boys may make their way directly home from the venue at the discretion of their parents.
Canteen facilities are available at the venue but please be warned they are not cheap. Boys are encouraged to bring their lunch/drink with them.
In the event of rain, boys will come to school in their College tracksuit, but are also asked to bring books/equipment for normal lessons (Friday Week B). The wet weather phone number is 8250 3780. This information will also be available on the Skoolbag app.
We are sure the day will be enjoyable for all. Parents are most welcome to attend.