From Ms Belinda Buchan, Mentor Coordinator, PDHPE Teacher
What is the WaveFest Short Film Festival?
The inaugural “WaveFest” film festival will be taking place on 13 August and screening in the Cosgrove Centre. This community-based film festival invites students to submit a short film inspired by the theme “the future is yours”.
This family-friendly night will involve pre-show/intermission entertainment and hospitality, bands, HSC artworks, and interviews with a panel of judges from the industry. Students’ short films will be screened and prizes awarded throughout the evening.
Waverley is calling all students who have a passion for creativity to see this as a window of opportunity to engage in something they are passionate about, and to have this displayed on the big screen.
Each student will engage in Mentor Masterclasses run by professional entertainment alumni. These will take place during term 2 and/or 3.
Types of Mentor Masterclasses
- Class 1: Script and storytelling
- Class 2: Pre-production planning
- Class 3: Directing actors
- Class 4: Animation
(Break term 2 holidays to film)
- Class 5: Editing and Mentor/Peer Feedback
- Class 6: Sound and Music design
- Class 7: Final review/edit
Who is Suited to Being Involved in the WaveFest Film Festival?
If you would like:
- an excellent opportunity to step outside of your comfort zone
- to meet new people
- to engage with the community
- to develop new skills
- to participate in this film making competition
- to attend masterclasses
- OR if this sounds like something you would enjoy being a part of, please complete the following WaveFest 2021 Form.
Parent, alumni and community engagement is warmly welcomed and encouraged. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling All Artists – Enter the Competition to Create Art for the Wavefest Promotional Poster!
Are you an artist with a vision? Create an image/art that might be chosen as the Wavefest main poster of promotion for this year’s short film festival.
The competition runs until 1 May 2021.
Theme: “Future is Yours”
Please email email@example.com for more information and submission details.