Read more: National Science Week activities, experiments, innovations, competitions, championships!
National Science Week 2021 Begins Tomorrow
From 14-22 August we are encouraging students from Years 5-12 to explore their curious side by taking part in the various activities we will be hosting virtually.
This year’s National Science Week theme is: ‘Food: Different by Design’ which explores the influential nature of our Agricultural industry and the exciting scientific innovations which are enhancing food production and sustainability in Australia and around the world.
Education Perfect Science Championships
Firstly, we encourage all students to take part in the Education Perfect Science Championships which begin on 16 August. To do this, click on the EP Science Championships 2021 button on your EP Dashboard and answer as many questions as possible.
You can browse the content and learn about any science topic you are curious about! This includes lessons on Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Earth & Space, COVID-19, Investigation skills and many more.
The more questions answered the more points you get!
- Credit Award: 500 Points
- Bronze Award: 1,000 Points
- Silver Award: 2,000 Points
- Gold Award: 3,000 Points
- Emerald Award: 5,000 Points
- Elite Award: 10,000 Points
*House points will be awarded to students who achieve an award!
Waverley Scientists of Science Week Competition!
Secondly, we would like to announce another wonderful competition. Students from Years 5-12 are asked to record themselves undertaking an experiment at home and explaining the scientific concept behind it in a fun and engaging way.
Prizes will be awarded to a winner and a runner up from both the Junior and Senior Campus.
- Between 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds in length;
- Shot in portrait orientation, not landscape;
- Student should be wearing Waverley College PDHPE shirt;
- Be fun and engaging;
- Be appropriate for sharing on the Waverley College Social Media pages;
- Emailed to Ms Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Sunday 22 August.
Four ideas for experiments or innovations you may like to undertake and present to the College Community are below:
4. ‘At Home Science Activities.’ Browse the content on Education Perfect for this folder.
The Science department can not wait to celebrate Science Week with you! You may even see some of our favourite ‘at home’ experiments during the week, so keep your eyes peeled!
Ms Gemma Brown
Assistant Head of Science