From the Director of Junior School, Anthony Banboukjian
Prayer of the Week
God of Love,
Term 4 will be the final chapter at Waverley College Junior School for some of us, and for others it is the next step before moving into Year 6.
Over the past two weeks we have been given the opportunity to spend quality time with our family and friends in the comfort of our own homes or overseas destinations.
We thank you for all the opportunities that we have been given and we ask that you look over us during this final term. Help us to make the right choices this term and to be the best person we can be.
We continue to pray for those in need and hope that conflict throughout the world can be resolved quickly and without suffering.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are those among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
Blessed Edmund Rice: Pray for Us
St Mary of the Cross: Pray for Us
Live Jesus in our Hearts: Forever
Welcome back to the final term of the school year for 2017. It is really hard to believe that we are now in the last quarter of the year. It is especially important for the boys in Year 6 as they will complete their time at the Junior School and move on to the senior school in 2018.
I hope all the boys had a great holiday and came back with recharged batteries for what will be another busy term.
Staffing Term 4
Due to an injury suffered by Mr Meadley during the holidays he will be absent from school for the first two weeks of the term. We have managed to secure the services of Mr Tony Proudfoot to replace Mr Meadley. We wish Mr Meadley a speedy recovery.
Mr Ghattas is on long service leave for a week and Mr Terry is his replacement.
With the walkathon now completed comes the hard task of ensuring the money is sent into school as soon as possible. The charities we are supporting this year are:
- Edmund Rice Camps NSW
- Sydney Children’s Hospital
- Savio Education Centre
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Cure for Life Foundation
- Local Families
If you could ensure all money promised is sent into the office by the end of week 2 it would be greatly appreciated.
After a successful trial last term all boys will now be able to use their student ID cards to purchase items from the canteen once parents have registered and placed money in their child’s account. This is an addition to the online ordering system.
The Flexischools cashless card system links a student’s existing school ID card to their Flexischools account, allowing them to purchase securely on the school grounds without the need for cash.
Student lunches have never been easier for parents:
- Top up account with funds at a time convenient to you
- Email when account is running low of funds
- Monitor spending and see what your child is purchasing
- Set daily spending limits
- Ensure the money is spent at school
- Safer than students carrying cash
Information on how to register and add funds to an account has been sent home with your son.
Key Dates for Term 4
- Wednesday October 11 – Sport afternoon
- Thursday October 12 – School Assembly (presentation of 2018 College Student Leaders)
- Saturday October 14 – Round 7 Summer Sports (Draws issued to students last term)
- Wednesday October 18 – Sport afternoon
- Saturday October 21 – Round 8 Summer Sports
- Wednesday October 25 –Sport afternoon
- Saturday October 28 – Round 9 Summer Sports
- Monday October 30 – Staff meeting no training
- Wednesday November 1 Year 5 Camp – Vision Valley Day 1
- Thursday November 2 – Year 5 Camp – Vision Valley Day 2
- Friday November 3 – Year 5 Camp – Vision Valley Day 3
- Saturday November 4 – Round 10 Summer Sports
- Wednesday November 8 – Sport afternoon
- Friday November 10 – Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Saturday November 11 – Round 11 Summer Sports
- Wednesday November 15 – Sport afternoon
- Thursday November 16 – Waterford Music Festival – PAC 6.00pm
- Saturday November 18 – Round 12 Summer Sports
- Tuesday November 21 – French Theme Day
- Wednesday November 22 – Sport afternoon
- Friday November 24 – Year 5 2018 Orientation Day and Year 6 Luna Park Excursion
- Wednesday November 29 – Sport afternoon
- Thursday November 30 – Year 6 Graduation Br Lacey Gymnasium15pm (all boys are required at the gym by 5.50pm in full summer uniform)
- Friday December 1 – Year 5 Presentation Afternoon Br Lacey Gymnasium00pm
- Friday November 30 / December 1 – Year 6 Laptop return program
- Monday December 4 – Christmas Liturgy and Christmas Theme Day
- Wednesday December 6 – Classes conclude
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 December – Staff Days
Year 5 Camp
A reminder that in week 4 from November 1 to November 3 all year five boys will be attending a year camp at Vision Valley. Could I ask yet again that all required letters be sent into the office by the end of this week.
Year 6 Graduation and Year 5 Presentation Afternoon
Early Notice – The Year 6 Graduation will be held in our new Gym commencing at 6.15pm on Thursday November 30 (all boys are required at the gym by 5.50pm in full summer uniform).
The Year 5 Presentation Afternoon will be held in the gym to cater for the increased numbers on Friday December 1 and will commence at 1.00pm sharp.
More information will be sent home in early November.