Prayer of the Week
God of Love
Term 4 will be the final chapter at Waverley College Junior School for some of us, and for others it is the next step before moving into Year 6.
Over the past two weeks we have been given the opportunity to spend quality time with our family and friends in the comfort of our own homes or overseas destinations.
We thank you for all the opportunities that we have been given and we ask that you look over us during this final term. Help us to make the right choices this term and to be the best person we can be.
We continue to pray for those in need and hope that conflict throughout the world can be resolved quickly and without suffering.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are those among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Blessed Edmund Rice: Pray for Us
St Mary of the Cross: Pray for Us
Live Jesus in our Hearts: Forever
Welcome back to the final term of the school year for 2016. It is really hard to believe that we are now in the last quarter of the year. It is especially important for the boys in Year 6 as they will complete their time at the Junior School and move on to the senior school in 2017.
I hope all the boys had a great holiday and came back with recharged batteries for what will be another busy term.
A reminder that end of year exams commence for Yr 5 in week 3 and for Yr 6 in Week 4.
Staffing – Term 4
There are number of changes this term to our staff to accommodate teachers of long service or sick leave. Fortunately we have secured some very experienced teachers to cover their absence. They are as follows:
- Mr Damian Murphy replaces Mr Gill in 6 Blue from 10th October – 18th October
- Ms Donna Feneley replace Ms King in Learning Support from 10th October – 18th October and Mrs Rollins for Music/Drama from 21st October – 7th November
- Mrs Michelle Arkins will replace Mr Claridge in 5 Red from 13th October – 27th October
Special Note: Congratulations to Ms Bransby on the birth of her son Mason who was born on the first day of the holidays.
At the end of term 3 the 100 or so boys in Wakakirri headed off to State Sports Centre at Homebush to compete in the NSW finals for the nation wide competition. With a great amount of effort and energy the boys put on a magnificent performance – again.
I was again incredibly proud of the all the boys involved not only due to the result but for the way they behaved throughout the whole day.
Again special thanks go to Mrs Rollins for her outstanding effort and creativity and to the staff that supported her throughout the day and night – Mr Stephen Ghattas, Ms Crewdson and Ms Stephens
With the walkathon now competed comes the hard task of ensuring the money is sent into school ASAP. The charities that we are supporting this year are:
- Edmund Rice Camps NSW
- Sydney Children’s Hospital
- Savio Education Centre
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Cure for Life Foundation
- Local Families
If you could ensure all money promised is sent into the office by the end of week 2 it would be greatly appreciated.
Key Dates for Term 4
- Thursday October 13 – Day B Sport
- Saturday October 15 – Round 7 Summer Sports (Draws issued to students last term)
- Tuesday October 18 – Staff meeting (Junior School will finish as normal at 3.00pm)
- Saturday October 22 – Round 8 Summer Sports
- Tuesday October 25 – Day B Sport
- Saturday October 29 – Round 9 Summer Sports
- Wednesday November 2 Year 5 Camp – Vision Valley Day 1
- Thursday November 3 – Year 5 Camp – Vision Valley Day 2
- Friday November 4 – Year 5 Camp – Vision Valley Day 3
- Friday November 4 – Day B Sport – Year 6 only
- Saturday November 5 – Round 10 Summer Sports
- Friday November 11 – Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Saturday November 12 – Round 11 Summer Sports
- Wednesday November 16 – Day B Sport
- Thursday November 17 – Waterford Music Festival – PAC 6.00pm
- Friday November 18 – Year 5 2017 Orientation Day and Year 6 Luna Park Excursion
- Saturday November 19 – Round 12 Summer Sports
- Thursday November 23 – Year 6 Graduation Br Lacey Gymnasium – 6.15pm (all boys are required at the gym by 5.50pm in full summer uniform)
- Friday November 25 – Year 5 Presentation Afternoon Br Lacey Gymnasium – 1.00pm
- Friday November 25 – Year 6 Laptop return program
- Tuesday November 29 – Christmas Liturgy and Christmas Theme Day
- Wednesday November 30 – Classes conclude
- Thursday 1 and Friday December 2 – Staff Days
Year 5 Camp
A reminder that in week 4 from November 2 to November 4 all year five boys will be attending a year camp at Vision Valley. Could I ask yet again that all required letters be sent into the office by the end of this week.
Year 6 Graduation & Year 5 Presentation Afternoon
Early Notice – The Year 6 Graduation will be held in our new Gym commencing at 6.15pm on Wednesday November 23 (all boys are required at the gym by 5.50pm in full summer uniform).
The Year 5 Presentation Afternoon will be held in the gym as well to cater for the increased numbers on Friday November 25 and will commence at 1.00pm sharp.
More information will be sent home in early November.
Well done to Bailey Habler whose nomination to compete for CIS in the 800m at the upcoming PSSA Carnival was successful during the holidays. Well done and all the best.
Mr A Banboukjian
Director of Junior School