Please find below some reminders about upcoming events. For all of Term 4 events, please refer to the College calendar.
- 27 November – Semester 2 Reports published on Parent Lounge
- 28 November – Year 6 laptops return
- 1 December – Year 6 excursion to Raging Waters
- 4 December – Year 6 Graduation Mass, Mary Immaculate Church, 1pm
- 5 December – Presentation Day.
2023 Presentation Day Years 5-8: Tuesday, 5 December – Reminder
Time: 9am – 10:30am (students to arrive at school at 8:15am)
Location: Gymnasium (Senior School)
Student Dress Code: Academic Uniform (no blazers)
Only the parents/carers of students who are receiving an award have been invited to this event. These parents/carers will be notified in a separate email.
A Google Doc was sent to you by Mr Ghattas for you to inform us if your son has permission to go home, or if they will require supervision until 3pm. If you have not already done so, could you please fill this out asap.
Semester 2 Reports
Semester 2 Reports will be available on Monday, 27 November at 5pm in the Parent Lounge. Please take the time to go through and read the report with your son. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the Semester 2 Report, please contact your son’s teacher.
After School Code Camp 2024
Term 1 2024: Coding
Coding class on a Monday will continue next year. If you would like your son to be part of the session please click the button below to book.
When: Monday, 5 February – Monday, 25 March 2024 (8 sessions)
Time: 3:15pm – 4:30pm.
Today you will have received an email regarding the changes in Years 5 and 6 for Mathematics next year. Please click the button below to view the Mathematics PDF that was emailed to you.
As mentioned, at Waverley College we are constantly reflecting on our practice and how we can continue to innovate and improve the learning of our students. We see this new syllabus as an exciting opportunity to build mathematical confidence and competence in our learners while developing a growth mindset.
We believe in a Primary setting, based on research, that we structure our Mathematics program in a mixed-ability setting and as such we will not be explicitly streaming our Mathematics classes in 2024. The opportunity to learn Mathematics in mixed-ability classes at this age leads to better cognitive and social outcomes, a greater sense of wellbeing and confidence in Mathematics.
Ms Gaby Bransby
Director of the Junior School
2024 House Captain Voting
Dear Parents, Carers and Students
On Thursday 30 November 2023, the current Year 5 students will be voting for 2024 House Captains.
If your son would like to nominate himself for House Captain or Vice Captain for their Colour House, they need to fill out the Google Form below by Tuesday, 28 November. Click the button below to view the Google Form.
They will also need to present a speech to their House before voting takes place. They can use the scaffold here to assist in planning.
- Assisting at House Carnivals (Swimming and Athletics)
- Involvement in Assemblies and Masses both here and at the Senior School
- Assisting with running other events throughout the year (St Patrick’s Day, etc)
- Working as part of the SRC (Student Representative Council) on the playground and attending fortnightly meetings during your lunchtime
- Being a responsible member of the Waverley College Community and upholding the College Expectations.
Year 6 Excursion to Raging Waters
On Friday 1 December, the Year 6 students will be going on their end of year excursion to Raging Waters. The information below outlines the important details of the day.
- Students need to arrive at Carrington Road Gates by 8:15am
- Students to wear PE Uniform
- Pack swimmers, towel, rash shirt, sunscreen, hat and water bottle in a bag
- Lunch is included as part of the entry ticket, however the boys will need to bring their own morning tea
- Arrival time back at school will be approximately 4pm. Please ensure that you have spoken to your son about arrangements for getting home.
Mr Steve Ghattas
Assistant Director of Junior School / Identity & Student Formation
News From 5 Gold
As 5 Gold wraps up the Term and academic year, I am filled with pride witnessing the remarkable growth and achievements of the boys throughout their Year 5 journey. Their unwavering dedication and resilience have shaped a year marked by unparalleled success.
Notably, their collaborative scriptwriting and performance showcased creativity and teamwork, fostering a sense of confidence. Their addition of instrumental activities, including learning to play the guitar with Mr Jesse Johnston, enriched their educational experience this Term and also provided valuable skills in music.
Moving into Year 6, I am confident that the bright individuals of 5 Gold will continue to shine, embracing new challenges with the same enthusiasm that defined their extraordinary journey this year. I am wishing the boys all the best in all of their future endeavours!
Mr Luke Burns
5 Gold Teacher