Dear Parents, Carers and Students
We are pleased to announce that we are seeking expressions of interest for a proposed New Zealand Cricket tour, which will take place at the conclusion of school in Term 4 2024, and will then continue into the first week of the December holidays.
- The cost per student is estimated at $5,500 (subject to change) which covers all transport, accommodation, travel insurance, some meals, as well as staffing costs
- We are looking to take 24 boys and four staff
- Priority will be given to senior students who will be playing in the 2024/2025 Cricket season
- Preference will be given to students who are consistent in maintaining positive interactions with members of the College community as well as following the College rules
- As with all tours and excursions, College student fees need to be up to date with the Finance department before anyone can tour
- Parents/carers may decide to make their own travel arrangements to watch their son play, but students must stay with the tour group at all times
- Tour attendance does not determine selection of the 1st XI or any A level team
- Please find attached the proposed draft itinerary (dates are subject to change depending on staff availability and the College calendar)
- An expression of interest does not guarantee a spot
- Deposits must be paid by Wednesday, 20 September 2023
- Once payment has been made, please email Mr Sean Picone at email@example.com to confirm your interest.
The College requires a $1,000 deposit to guarantee your son a spot. This deposit will be followed by three equal instalments. The total amounts of each instalment will be confirmed once a final cost of the tour is determined.
Tour Payment Schedule
- $1,000 deposit by Wednesday, 20 September 2023
- Equal payment by Friday, 15 March 2024
- Equal payment by Friday, 14 June 2024
- Final balancing payment by Friday, 13 September 2024.
Payment of deposit can be made via the following:
Please only use EFT as BPAY will go onto school fees instead
BSB: 062 124
All tourists must have a valid passport. The College will share more information once the tour group has been finalised.
Please note that this is a self-funded tour and will not be subsidised by the College.
This tour is a wonderful opportunity for those selected and students are encouraged to potentially seek casual work over the holiday periods to pay for the tour.
Thank you and kind regards,
Mr Sean Picone
Convenor of Cricket