From the College Registered Nurse, Adele Cutbush
Each year NSW Health works in partnership with schools to offer the vaccines recommended by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) for adolescents as part of the school vaccination program.
In 2019 the following vaccines will be offered to Year 7 students*:
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine in a 2-dose schedule with a minimum of 6 months apart.
- dTpa Vaccine (Diptheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (whooping cough)) asa single dose.
Parent Information Kits that include an information sheet, consent form and privacy statement have been sent home to parents/guardians. To consent to the vaccination of your child, parents/guardians are advised to:
- read all the information provided
- complete the consent form, including signing their name next to the vaccine/s they would like their child to receive.
- return the consent form to the Waverley College Health Centre no later than Wednesday 20th February, 2019.
Please note that students who commence HPV vaccination in school clinics in Year 7 but do not complete the course during the school year may be offered catch up doses at school in Year 8. Students who have any any HPV doses at their GP will be advised to complete the course with their GP.
* A record of Vaccination will be provided to each student vaccinated at each clinic as a physical card. Parents/guardians should ensure this record is kept for future reference and should not assume that their child has been vaccinated if they do not receive this Record of Vaccination.
The date of the first visit for Year 7 vaccinations is Friday, 22nd February, 2019.