In 2022, Visual Arts Club will be offered at Waverley as an extracurricular summer activity for students from Years 5–12. Visual Arts Club provides an opportunity for students to build skills in critical and creative thinking.
This summer, students will be introduced to ‘Still Life: Painting With Oils.’ Each student will be taught fundamentals of technically painting different surfaces, objects and textures, to build their knowledge and confidence in the oil painting medium.
In Visual Arts Club students will:
- Develop knowledge in colour mixing
- Understand technical painting process
- Be accomplished with oil paints and medium
Resolved paintings will be entered into a community competition, giving students an opportunity to be exhibiting artists.
What is the Cost and Does my Son Need to Bring Materials?
- Cost: $80 (reduced to accommodate a Term 1 start to the activity)
- Materials: all materials will be supplied
When are the Session Times?
Select one session below:
- Monday: 3:30–5pm (Junior School: condensed session 3:30pm–4:30pm)
- Tuesday: 3:30–5pm (Junior School: condensed session 3:30pm–4:30pm)
How Does my Son Register?
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms Oates if you have further questions.
Ms Natalie Oates
Head of Visual Arts