From the Head of College, Graham Leddie
Important Year 12 UAC Information/Summary
Year 12 students intending to apply for tertiary study are reminded of the following information:
- There is a one off application fee of $70 (BIG late fees apply in addition to this processing charge)
- Applications open online Wednesday 1 August at https://www5.uac.edu.au/uacug
- ONTIME applications close at midnight Friday 28 September
- You’ll need your NESA number (your exam number) and UAC PIN to apply – save these in a safe place – diary AND phone is recommended
- There are SEVERAL offer rounds – early offers are from November; December is offer round two when MOST of you will hopefully get an offer; and there is another in early January.
- You REALLY DO NEED TO READ the first section of the UAC guide – all is explained within these pages.
Other important info to read in UAC Guide:
- Early offer scheme information
- Schools Recommendation Scheme
- Deferment policies
- Educational Access Scheme
Do apply for any scholarships you may be eligible for. Timelines and requirements for these vary. You will need to do your research and take note of closing dates. These can be any time from now till the end of March 2019.
Next Tuesday’s Staff meeting
If your son is in Years 7 to 12, please ensure he has organised earlier transport home at 2:30pm on Tuesday 28 August due to a scheduled staff professional development session. Year 5 and 6 students will finish school at the normal time. The staff training session will be linked to our 2018 priorities, with some of the NESA endorsed courses including:
- Using Success Criteria to make Learning Visible
- Using Hattie’s learning intentions to help students with a learning disability
- From Learning Intention to Assessment
- Hattie and Feedback-Practical Application in a Secondary Setting
- Formative Assessment-applying Dylan Wiliam’s approach in the classroom
- Principles of Restorative Practice
- Having the Restorative Conversation.
NRMA Future of Transport Challenge
Congratulations to Year 9 students Will Gibson, Finn Anderson, Luke McLellan, Edward Sullivan and Patrick Hoggett who have made it through to the final of the NRMA Future of Transport Challenge.
Archbishop of Sydney Award for Student Excellence 2018
Congratulations to Year 12 student Stephen Davies whose nomination for the Archbishop of Sydney Award for Student Excellence for 2018 was selected. A special ceremony with His Grace, Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP will be held on Friday, 9 September at St Mary’s Cathedral.
2018 Art and Design Technology Show
This week I had the privilege of attending the St Clare’s and Waverley College Art and Design Technology Show held in our Cosgrove Centre. Congratulations to all artists and designers. The level and skill of work displayed was highly impressive. Thank you to the following staff for ensuring the evening was a huge success.
Art – Mr Graeme Bannerman, Ms Rebecca Lawrence, Ms Dechantel Green, Ms Jo Kitas
TAS – Mr Kyle Newbury, Mr Garth Aird, Mr Stephen Wilmot, Ms Cassie Perry, Mr Anthony Gibbs, Mr James Spargo, Mr Paul Stack, Mr Matthew Barr & Mr Alan Riordan
Logistics – Mr John Kara, Mr Rob Spooner and the Maintenance team
Thank you to the Year 11 Hospitality students who with the assistance of Ms Stephanie Boyce, Ms Davina O’Hara and Mrs Anne O’Loughlin produced an amazing banquet of food for our guests.
National Cross Country
Congratulations to Year 12 student Charles McGrath, who has qualified as a NSW representative for the National Cross Country Championships being held this Saturday in Maleny, Queensland. We wish him well.
Congratulations to Year 11 student Mac Jenkins who has been selected to captain the under 17 NSW team at the national cricket championships in MacKay and Brisbane during the next school holidays.