I would like to welcome all members of the Waverley College Community back to Term 3. I hope that all families had a terrific holiday break and were able to spend some quality time together. We only have three rounds of rugby remaining for the 2022 season – a season which I cannot remember ever seeing so much wet weather. Fingers crossed we can finish off the season on a high note with plenty of sunshine!
CAS Round 3 Vs Cranbrook
This weekend Waverley College will play against Cranbrook School in Round 3 of the CAS Competition. This fixture is always an entertaining one against our neighbours from Bellevue Hill. Please note that some of our 13s and 14s teams will be travelling to play Oakhill College as Cranbrook do not match up with all grades in these age group. We wish our travelling teams all the best as well as, of course, those teams playing in the Eastern Suburbs.
Please note that all players will be expected at training for the remaining three weeks of the season. A reminder that 13s, 14s and 15s will train on Monday and Wednesday, with the 16s and Opens training on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please be aware that there will be no training on Monday 25th July due to the scheduled Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews which will be running for the full day.
We are also mindful of our Year 12 students who will be completing the HSC Trials which commence in Week 3. While Year 12 students will not have classes, training will be on as scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday. We are mindful of and certainly support any students who may have exam commitments on those days.
On behalf of the Waverley College Community, I would like to congratulate the following students who made representative teams over the break.
15s Age Group
- Josh Barr – 2022 Sydney Representative
- Archie Godby – 2022 Sydney Red Representative
CAS Representatives (16s)
Zion Poitaha, Oliver Aboud, Troy Patea, Declan Minto, Kahu Capper, Joseph Tangi, James Nestor, Jordan McCreery
Sydney/NSW Representatives (16s)
- Troy Patea – 2022 NSW Schools I Team
- Kahu Capper – 2022 NSW Schools II Team
- Oliver Aboud – 2022 Sydney U/16 Representative Team
- Jordan McCreery – 2022 Sydney U/16 Representative Shadows
- Hugo Kulscar – 2022 Sydney U/16 Representative Shadows
- Noah Sullivan – 2022 Sydney U/16 Representative Shadows
- Tom Johnson – 2022 Zone U/16 Representative Team
- James Nestor – 2022 Zone U/16 Representative Team
CAS Representatives (Opens)
Ethan Halatokoua, Tino Janhke-Tavana
AJ Preketes, Dane Towns, Ky Pule, Solomon Tuquiri
Jonas Dowling, Ben Finegan, Jonti Morshead-Fiedel, Caleb Sinclair-Harris
- AJ Preketes – 2022 Waratahs Academy U/18 (Gen Blue)
- Ethan Halatokoua – 2022 Waratahs Academy U/18 (Gen Blue)
- Ky Pule – 2022 NSW Schools 1
- Solomon Tuqiri – 2022 NSW Schools II
- Tino Jahnke-Tavana – 2022 NSW Schools II
- Tom Martin – 2022 NSW Barbarians Team
- Ky Pule – 2022 Australian Schoolboys A Team
Martin Pitt Shield
Congratulations to the players involved in the CAS U/16s team who won the Martin Pitt Shield for the first time since 2014 at the NSW Schools Rugby Union Tournament defeating GPS 24 to 21 in the final. Special mention to the coaching staff involved in this win including our own Ms Kaitlyn Downey and Mr Stephen O’Donnell!
Rugby Presentation Night – Save the Date!
I am pleased to confirm that we have secured a booking at Easts Rugby Club for the 2022 Rugby Presentation Night. The event will be held on the evening of Friday, 19 August. More details will be sent out to the community in the coming weeks.
Queens Park Canteen & BBQ Support
Thank you to those parents and friends who have volunteered to assist across the season. We sincerely thank you for your generosity in giving up your time on the weekends.
As the season draws to a conclusion, we are looking for support over the final three rounds of rugby. The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday 23rd July – CAS Round 3 Vs Cranbrook – 14A, B & C & 15A, B & C playing @ Queens Park (CANTEEN ONLY)
- Saturday 30th July – CAS Round 4 Vs Barker – 13s, 16s & Opens Age Groups playing @ Queens Park (CANTEEN & BBQ)
- Saturday 6th August – CAS Round 5 Vs Trinity – 13s, 16s & Opens Age Groups playing @ Queens Park (CANTEEN & BBQ)
If any parents, carers and friends are free to assist during any of the Saturdays listed above please register your interests on the 2022 Online (SignUp.com) Roster:
Thank you for your support in advance!
I would like to wish all teams the very best for this weekend!
WAVERLEY TO WIN!
Mr John McCoy – Convenor of Rugby