A Wet Week
Unfortunately, the fixture against Newington College was impacted by the rains. A number of cancellations occurred last weekend, which was a great shame. We do particularly feel for our Prep 1sts team who were looking forward to having their very first match on QP1. I know that special moment is just around the corner for these young men.
Still, we were able to go ahead with the 13Fs, 13Es, 13Ds, 16As, 4th XV, 3rd XV, 2nd XV and 1st XV matches. From the eight fixtures played, both Waverley and Newington recorded four wins each. Our 13s continue to show dominance with some strong victories.
The 16As went very close to winning in a frustrating match, which I am sure they will learn plenty from. The Opens were very competitive, going down narrowly in soggy conditions, in the 4ths, 3rds and 2nds.
The 1st XV were able to get another win on the board. The Double V continues to build momentum as we approach the CAS competition. In difficult conditions, it has been pleasing to see the commitment on display by all 15 players working as one unit.
CAS/GPS/ISA Trial Round vs Oakhill
This weekend, Waverley College play the final CAS/GPS/ISA Trial Fixture of the season against Oakhill College. In recent years, it has been well publicised how Oakhill have helped with the development of such NRL stars as Luke Keary and Ryan Papenhuyzen. Oakhill will certainly prove to be a wonderful challenge for all our teams in the run into CAS.
Our 14s and 15s age groups head to Castle Hill to play at Oakhill, while the 13s, 16s and Opens will be playing at Queens Park for the final time in Term 2. All 16s and Opens teams have the chance to play on QP1 for the day, with the 1st XI Football team playing away this weekend. We wish all teams the best.
Program for the Remainder of Term 2
Week 6, Term 2
- Monday, 30 May – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Tuesday, 31 May – Senior Staff Meeting (2:30pm-4pm) – NO TRAINING
- Wednesday, 1 June – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Thursday, 2 June – 16s and Opens Training
- Saturday, 4 June – CAS Round 1 vs St Aloysius’ College
Week 7, Term 2
- Monday, 6 June – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Tuesday, 7 June – 16s and Opens Training
- Wednesday, 8 June – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Thursday, 9 June – 16s and Opens Training
- Friday, 10 June – Founder’s Day Holiday – NO CLASSES
- Saturday, 11 June – Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend – NO RUGBY
Week 8, Term 2
- Monday, 13 June – Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend – NO TRAINING
- Tuesday, 14 June – 16s and Opens Training
- Wednesday, 15 June – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Thursday, 16 June – 16s and Opens Training
- Saturday, 18 June – CAS Round 2 vs Knox Grammar
Week 9, Term 2
- Monday, 20 June – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Tuesday, 21 June – 16s and Opens Training
- Wednesday, 22 June – 13s, 14s and 15s Training
- Thursday 23rd June – House Athletics Carnival – NO TRAINING
- Friday, 24 June – Classes Conclude Term 2
The Rugby Supporters’ Club are looking for any parents, carers and friends of students in the 13s, 16s and Opens to assist on the BBQ and Canteen this weekend.
If any parents, carers and friends are free to assist at any stage this Saturday (or any Saturday throughout the season), please register your interests on the 2022 online roster below:
The Rugby Supporters’ Club ask members of the community to indicate their ideas about possible venues which might be able to cater for larger groups for our Rugby Presentation Night.
If you have any ideas, please feel free to email Mr McCoy: email@example.com
All the best for all teams this weekend against Oakhill!
WAVERLEY TO WIN!
Mr John McCoy
Convenor of Rugby