We are excited to announce that Science Club will be offered at Waverley College as an extra-curricular activity for students from Years 7-12, commencing Term 1, Week 2, 2023.
Science Club provides an opportunity for students to be presenting, critically analysing, and applying their understanding of scientific data and related concepts. Students must play an active role in their own learning experiences to increase engagement and academic achievement.
The scope and sequence of this program has been created for student-centred, inquiry-based learning.
In each session, students will have the opportunity to experiment with a focus on deepening their ability to apply the scientific method across all branches of Science.
The scientific skills embedded in this program are woven throughout the Stage 3-6 Science Syllabi and reflect Depth Studies and skills examined in the HSC courses.
- Nurture our students’ curiosity and passion for science
- Increase opportunities for students to be presenting, critically analysing and applying their understanding of scientific data and related concepts
- Demonstrate the scientific inquiry skills required to be successful in Stage 6 Science
Cost: $30.00 for Term 1
Materials: students are to bring a writing book. All other materials will be supplied.
Session times: select ONE from the following:
- Monday session: 3:30pm-5pm
- Thursday session: 3:30pm-5pm
Sessions are limited to 25 students each and will run on a term-by-term basis. We envisage that the program will extend to the Junior School during the Winter Season.