As per the communication in Nurrunga in Week 3, the Subject Selection process continues for Year 10 with Heads of Department presenting to them during their Careers lessons every fortnight.
Alongside the Subject Selection Information Booklet Stage 6 which you received in Week 3 (also attached this week), the Heads of Department have recorded information on each course which can be viewed in this Web Link:
Please allocate a time during this term to sit down with your son and complete the following:
- Go to the Year 10 tab on the Web Link;
- View the videos for the subjects that your son is considering;
- Read through the relevant pages in the attached Subject Selection Information Booklet Stage 6.
In Week 9 this term on Tuesday 15 June, there will be an onsite presentation in the College Gymnasium going through the Subject Selection process at 6pm. This is a compulsory event for Year 10 students. Heads of Department will then be available in classrooms onsite from 6:30pm – 7:30pm for you to pop in with any individual questions that you may have following viewing the videos. Specific locations will be provided closer to the time.
Students will not be asked to submit their initial selections until early Term 3 after the Parent/Teacher Interviews.
The College uses an online system for the students to nominate their subject selections for Stage 6.
Students will receive an email with a link and a password to access the system in mid-June. Students should complete their subject selections online, print the confirmation and submit this in hard copy form via the box outside Ms Lamonica’s office on Level 1 by Thursday 22 July.
Timeline – Term 2
- Wednesday 5 May – Allwell Testing Periods 1-4 and HoDs’ presentations Periods 5-6
- Monday 17 – 21 May – Career Profile Interviews
- Wednesday 19 May and Wednesday 2 June – Head of Department presentations in Period 1
- Tuesday 15 June – Year 10 Subject Selection Information Evening
- Week 9 – Online Subject Selection made available via email link
- End of Term 2 – Year 10 reports issued online
Timeline – Term 3
- Monday 19 July 8:30am – 6:30pm Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews
- Thursday 22 July – Subject Selection online submissions due and hard printout copies placed in the box outside Ms Lamonica’s office on Level 1.
Ms Lynsey Porter
Director of Curriculum