The Year 10 Subject Selection Information Evening is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, 21 June in the Waverley College Gymnasium from 6pm – 8pm. This is a compulsory event for all Year 10 students and parents and carers.
The evening will provide an overview of the Stage 6 Subject Selection process and offer students the opportunity to learn more about the courses in which they have an interest.
To this end, the evening will be structured as follows:
6pm – 7pm in the Gymnasium
- General information on the subject selection process from the Curriculum Directorate
- 10-15 minute course overviews from the large cohort departments: English, Mathematics and Religion
7pm – 8pm in the Kenny Classrooms Venues
- 4 x 15 minutes presentations from departments on particular courses
- 7pm – 7:30pm: Questions and Answers with the Heads of Department English, Mathematics and Religion
This information should be considered along with the information provided via:
- Heads of Department presentations that run in Weeks 4, 6 and 8 to assist students’ decision making
- Semester 1 results, Career Profiling and Allwell testing results
- Subject Information Booklet – comprehensive guide to policies, course prerequisites and course content
- Course Requirement Booklet – criteria for course eligibility and enrolment
- The Waverley College Subject Selection Website
These should be read in conjunction with all of the opportunities for discussion and advice available to each and every boy. They will also be posted in the following secure site with the Head of Department videos which will be released later this term.
Students will not be asked to submit their initial selections until early Term 3 after the Parent / Teacher Interviews.
The College uses an online system for the students to nominate their subject selections for Stage 6.
Students will receive an email with a link and a password to access the system in mid-June. Students should complete their subject selections online, print the confirmation, and submit this in hard copy form via the box outside the Executive Assistant to the Director of Curriculum’s office on Level 1 by Thursday, 28 July.
Timeline – Term 2
- Wednesday, 11 May – Allwell Testing Periods 1-4
- Monday, 16 – 26 May – Career Profile Interviews
- Wednesday, 18 May, Wednesday, 1 June and Wednesday, 15 June – Head of Department presentations in Period 1
- Tuesday, 21 June – Year 10 Subject Selection Information Evening
- Week 9 – Online Subject Selection made available via email link
- End of Term 2 – Year 10 reports issued online
Timeline – Term 3
- Monday, 25 July 8:30am – 6:30pm – Parent / Teacher / Student Interviews
- Thursday, 28 July – Subject Selection online submissions due and hard printout copies placed in the box outside the Executive Assistant to the Director of Curriculum’s office on Level 1.
Ms Lynsey Porter
Director of Curriculum