The process for Stage 6 subject selection commences this term. The significance of appropriate subject selection for study in Stage 6 is of great importance as it directly leads to the awarding of the Higher School Certificate.
To that end, we aim to provide a clear, thorough and supportive process in the lead up to these selections so that students may make informed decisions about their courses of study for their senior years. We advise the students to select subjects in which there is the greatest aptitude, interest and ability in order to achieve the best possible result and the most satisfaction.
Information will be delivered via the Wellbeing periods that are scheduled every Wednesday, Week A, Period 1. Last Wednesday, 5 May all Year 10 students completed their Allwell Testing in Periods 1-4 and have viewed presentations from Heads of Department in Periods 5-6. Heads of Department presentations will continue in Weeks 5 and 7 to assist students’ decision making. This term, Year 10 students also complete their Term 2 assessment tasks. This is an important period for feedback. Semester 1 results will be closely reviewed in conjunction with Career Profiling and Allwell testing results. Their achievement level in these will influence which courses they will be eligible to select.
Click here for the Subject Information Booklet Stage 6 2022-23 – comprehensive guide to policies, course prerequisites and course content
Click here for the Subject Requirements Booklet Stage 6 Year 11 2022 – criteria for course eligibility and enrolment
These should be read in conjunction with all of the opportunities for discussion and advice available to each and every student such as the Subject Selection Videos which will be available via a website link in Week 5 and the Subject Selection Evening at the end of this term.
Students will not be asked to submit their initial selections until early Term 3 after the Parent/Teacher Interviews. The College uses an online system for the students to nominate their subject selections for Stage 6.
Students will receive an email with a link and a password to access the system in mid-June. Students should complete their subject selections online, print the confirmation and submit this in hard copy form via the box outside Ms Lamonica’s office on Level 1.
Timeline – Term 2
- Wednesday 5 May – Allwell Testing Periods 1-4 and HoDs’ presentations, Periods 5-6
- Monday 17 – 21 May – Career Profile Interviews
- Wednesday 19 May and Wednesday 2 June – Head of Department presentations in Period 1
- Tuesday 15 June – Year 10 Subject Selection Information evening
- Week 9 – Online Subject Selection made available via email link
- End of Term 2 – Year 10 reports issued online
Timeline – Term 3
- Monday 19 July 8.30am – 6.30 pm, Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews
- Thursday 22 July – Subject Selection online submissions due and hard printout copies placed in the box outside Ms Lamonica’s office on Level 1.
Ms Lynsey Porter
Director of Curriculum