The Bachelor of Arts in Western Civilisation Winter School is an immersive two day on-campus experience that will give you an insight into studying the Bachelor of Arts in Western Civilisation and the diverse career opportunities in the Liberal Arts. Open to high school students in Years 11 and 12, the program will include intellectually stimulating workshops led by academic experts as well as fun social activities. You will experience university life while staying in a UOW-managed residence.
By attending the UOW Bachelor of Arts in Western Civilisation Winter School you will:
- Engage with and expand your understanding of texts that are part of the English Advanced HSC syllabus
- Be introduced to new great works that will help you develop a robust understanding of literature
- Participate in a Bachelor of Arts in Western Civilisation application workshop that will provide insights into the course’s application process and the opportunity to hear from current UOW students about their experience
- Experience real university life by staying in UOW student accommodation
- Learn how to read and think at a university level
- Improve your communication and presentation skills in a supportive environment
- Engage in robust group discussions and debate with your peers, whilst being respectful of the views of others
- Develop your critical thinking and reading skills essential for success in the HSC
- Have fun and make new friends
The Winter School will run from 28-29 June 2021 – all costs associated with the program will be covered by UOW.
If you are interested in being involved, please contact Ms Boyce or click here to read more about the Liberal Arts Winter School
Ms Stephanie Boyce
Academic Enrichment Coordinator