Parents and Carers,
There have been a number of updates regarding Household and Close Contacts of people with COVID-19 and Rapid Antigen Home testing kits.
Rapid Antigen Testing Kits
This week, the College will be distributing additional rapid antigen tests (RATs) to your son. In line with the Department of Education and NSW Health, we have moved from prescribed surveillance testing, to what is termed ‘discretionary testing.’
We now require students to administer a rapid antigen test in the following circumstances:
- If they are deemed a household or close contact
- If they display any COVID-19 symptoms
Families are required to notify NSW Health and the College should their son receive a positive RAT or PCR test, and then isolate for seven days. Students should only return to school if they are free from cold and flu symptoms after the seven-day isolation period.
COVID-19 Household Contacts
In line with the updated NSW Health guidelines and the CSNSW COVID-19 Advice Policy, Waverley College is implementing the following:
- The 7-day isolation requirement for household/close contacts has been removed.
- Students who are a household/close contact must undergo a Rapid Antigen Home Test (RAT) before attending school, every morning for the duration of their household contact’s isolation period.
- Students who are a household/close contact must wear a mask when they are in an indoor setting that is not their own home, this includes school settings. This will be monitored by the College.
- Please notify the College if your child has COVID-19 and/or is a household/close contact.
Thanks in advance.
Our community is currently in very good shape, with low numbers of COVID-19 and close contacts being reported.
|As at 6/5||COVID-19||Close Contacts|
Mr Patrick Brennan – Deputy Principal – Student & Staff Wellbeing
Ms Adele Cutbush – College Registered Nurse