Search icon
Explore icon

Please note: This post is from our website archive. Some of the information within this post may now be out-of-date.

Vaping Webinar for Parents

Deputy Principal - Student & Staff Wellbeing, Mr Patrick Brennan

Mr Patrick Brennan, Deputy Principal - Student & Staff Wellbeing

In recent times, vaping has become a real problem for our teenagers and a pressing issue for teachers and parents. Waverley, like all schools, has not been immune from this issue with a small percentage of boys making poor decisions in terms of vaping. Despite anecdotal media attention to the contrary, research carried out by the Australian Drug and Alcohol Foundation suggests that most adolescents are making good choices in terms of vaping, with over 86% of teenagers never consuming a vape. That still leaves us with the 14% of adolescents who are putting themselves at risk.

Vaping is illegal for individuals under the age of 18 years and has poor health consequences for the students who engage in this activity. The College has a clear policy for any student in possession of a vape or e-cigarette whilst on campus.

Vaping Webinar — Afternoon and Evening Sessions

It is important that parents are across reliable information about how to help teenagers who may be vaping. Professor Renee Bittoun (UNSW), an internationally-regarded expert on nicotine addiction and smoking cessation, will explain how you can know if children are vaping and what to do when they are.

She will deliver a webinar on Thursday 9 September at both 3:45pm and 7pm.

Places are limited to enable participants to ask questions and make the most of the presentation.

>>> Click here to register for the vaping webinar by Professor Renee Bittoun.

Professor Renee Bittoun from UNSW

Professor Renee Bittoun from UNSW


Mr Patrick Brennan

Deputy Principal – Staff and Student Wellbeing