As part of Walawaani in Term 3 and Term 4, First Nation students will be taking part in an Indigenous cultural program run by the team at Deadly Ed.
Dates and Activities Involved
The program will run on Tuesday afternoons. All workshops will be 1.5 hours in length.
- Week 2 Term 3 – 26 July: Centennial Park – Workshop 1, tools and weapons.
- Week 3 Term 3 – 2 August: Centennial Park – Workshop 2, bush tucker
- Week 5 Term 3 – 16 August: Waverley College – Workshop 3, cultural art
- Week 7 Term 3 – 30 August: Waverley College – Workshop 4, cultural art
- Week 2 Term 4 – 18 October: Centennial Park/Waverley – Workshop 5, dance
- Week 3 Term 4 – 25 October: Centennial Park/Waverley – Workshop 6, dance
Walawaani families are asked to please complete the permission note below before Friday, 22 July 2022.
Travel and Dismissal
For activity weeks at Centennial Park, both Junior and Senior school students will be walking to Centennial Park with Kevin Heath and Ms Maakrun at lunchtime.
If you wish for your son to be dismissed from Centennial Park at 3:15pm, please indicate this on the permission note. Staff will be walking back to school with any students who need to return to school.
We hope all boys will gain a great deal of value and personal knowledge through their participation.
Ms Marie-Anne Maakrun
Assistant Director of Identity & Student Formation