From the Convenor of Swimming and Convenor of Water Polo, Nicola Silsby and Olivia Kite
Thursday, 24 October, saw the start of the Water Polo and Swimming seasons, with an incredibly successful open night. It was a great chance to bring to the two sports together and celebrate the start of the 2020 season. We’d like to say a huge thank you to the supporters group, without who we could not have put on such a successful evening. We’re also incredibly grateful for the generosity of everyone who bought along donations for the evening. All the money raised will help to buy new equipment for both Swimming and Water Polo.
Some of the main points from the Water Polo and Swimming convenors from the evening:
- Make sure you are prompt when arriving at training or competitions/games.
- You must always be in the correct Waverley swimmers and cap for every meet/game.
- Team App is regularly updated for swimmers with the upcoming carnivals, team selection and information on training.
- Team App is used weekly for Water Polo fixtures
- If you would like to put your name down for car-pooling, or if you require someone to take your son to a carnival or game, please contact Ms Olivia Kite.
The welcome night was followed with a time trials at Waverley Pool on the Friday evening. Students have already started achieving new personal bests, and look promising for the upcoming invitational next week.
The first round of Water Polo was played against Shore on Saturday 26th, hosted at Newington. We played 5 games and saw two wins on the day. Each team fought hard in the water against strong opposition.
Thank you to all those parents, family and friends who cheered Waverley on from the sidelines, your positive support and encouragement of the boys, is always appreciated.