Visual Arts Club will be offered at Waverley as a Winter Extra-Curricular activity for students from Years 5-12.
It will commence Term 2, Week 2, 2023 and run until Term 3, Week 8.
Visual Arts Club provides an opportunity for students to build skills in critical and creative thinking. This winter, students will be introduced to: Landscapes – Experiments with Watercolour.
Each student will be introduced to a range of drawing and painting techniques, such as perspective drawing and natural landscapes through watercolour paintings. Students will build upon traditional artmaking foundations of drawing and painting, while experimenting and exploring new foundations of contemporary painting styles.
In Visual Arts Club students will:
- Develop their skills in drawing, in reference to the natural landscape
- Learn control of watercolour and technical painting skills
- Be accomplished across a range of landscape drawing and painting through realistic and abstract landscapes
*(This may also include an external excursion for students!)
Materials: all materials will be supplied
Session times: select ONE from the following:
- Tuesday session: 3:30pm-5pm
- Wednesday session: 3:30pm-5pm