This is a friendly reminder that there is a subject selection evening for parents and students of Year 10 from 6pm – 7:30pm in the College Gymnasium. This is a compulsory session where students will be provided with guidance from the College Principal, Director of Curriculum and Assistant Director of Curriculum regarding the Stage 6 Subject Selection choices that they are about to make. At the end of the presentation there is an optional session for any students or parents who have individual questions for Heads of Department following viewing the subject selection videos and reading through the booklet.
Information on the process is included below as per the article that has been in Nurrunga for the last three weeks.
Subject Selection Process for Stage 6
As per the communication in Nurrunga in Week 3, the Subject Selection process continues for Year 10 with Heads of Department presenting to them during their Careers lessons every fortnight.
Alongside this Subject Selection Booklet which you received in Week 3, the Heads of Department have recorded information on each course which can be viewed by clicking on this link.
Please allocate a time during this term to sit down with your son and complete the following:
- Go to the Year 10 tab on this Waverley College Web Link;
- View the videos for the subjects that your son is considering;
- Read through the relevant pages in this Stage 6 Subject Information Booklet.
In Week 9 this term on Tuesday 15 June, there will be an onsite presentation in the College Gymnasium going through the Subject Selection process at 6pm. This is a compulsory event for Year 10 students. Heads of Department will then be available in classrooms onsite from 6.30pm – 7.30pm for you to pop in with any individual questions that you may have following viewing the videos.
Students will not be asked to submit their initial selections until early Term 3 after the Parent/Teacher Interviews.
The College uses an online system for the students to nominate their subject selections for Stage 6.
Students will receive an email with a link and a password to access the system in mid-June. Students should complete their subject selections online, print the confirmation and submit this in hard copy form via the box outside Ms Lamonica’s office on Level 1 by Thursday 22 July.
TIMELINE – TERM 2
- Wednesday 5 May – Allwell Testing Periods 1-4 and HoDs’ presentations Periods 5-6
- Monday 17 – 21 May – Career Profile Interviews
- Wednesday 19 May and Wednesday 2 June – Head of Department presentations in Period 1
- Tuesday 15 June – Year 10 Subject Selection Information evening
- Week 9 – Online Subject Selection made available via email link
- End of Term 2 – Year 10 reports issued online
TIMELINE – TERM 3
- Monday 19 July 8.30am – 6.30pm – Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews
- Thursday 22 July – Subject Selection online submissions due and hard printout copies placed in the box outside Ms Lamonica’s office on Level 1.
Ms Lynsey Porter
Director of Curriculum