Read more: T2 Community Outreach Program and Kairos Retreat Important Information
Year 11 Community Outreach
From Ms Marie-Anne Maakrun, Assistant Director Identify and Student Formation
Across Term 2, all Year 11 students will continue volunteer work placements in community outreach as part of the College’s Social Justice initiatives. Students are working in organisations such as Matthew Talbot Hostel, Our Big Kitchen, Waverley War Memorial Hospital, Wairoa School, Jarjum College, Windgap Bowling and Bondi Public School.
The students provide invaluable support to our partner organisations as they work with marginalised groups in our local community such as the homeless, elderly and disabled.
A registration document was shared with your son in Term 1 for him to select a community service placement and date. Parents will receive an email from Ms Martina Cooper confirming the details of where and when your son is going to be doing his volunteering prior to commencement.
We encourage you to speak to your son about his placement and his experiences. The program continues across Term 3 with opportunities for students to get increasingly involved.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 11 Kairos (selected students only)
From Ms Suzanne Walsh, Director Identify and Student Formation
For the selected students who are attending Year 11 Kairos Retreat, please find below important information regarding the retreat.
This retreat takes place from the afternoon of Tuesday 11 May until Friday 14 May. The Kairos students will depart Waverley College by coach at 2:30pm on Tuesday 11 May and will return to Waverley College at approximately 3pm on Friday 14 May. Students are to wear their PE uniform to school on 11 May.
I will send you an email with further information.
What you need to do:
- Please complete the link below by Friday 30 April to indicate your consent and any dietary or medical requirements that we need to be aware of. Consent/Medical/Dietary Information Link: CLICK HERE TO FILL IN THE FORM. Thank you to the parents who have already completed the form.
- You will also be sent a separate email with a special request for you to kindly action by Tuesday 4th May.
What to bring:
- All students need to bring: neat casual clothes for four days and three nights, toiletries, bath towel, hat and sunscreen
- Remember some warm clothing, as evenings may be cool
- T-shirts not singlets; enclosed footwear not thongs
- Sleeping requirements: a pillow case, single bed bottom sheet and a sleeping bag
- Mobile phones will be collected by staff once students arrive at retreat venues and returned to them when they leave the Retreat venue. Otherwise, they may only be used in an emergency
Cost: Will be billed to school fees.
We thank you for your cooperation regarding the Retreats and look forward to an enjoyable and worthwhile experience.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.