Where: Lacey Gym Periods 1 – 4
When: Friday, 28 July 2023
Year 8 students will be participating in the Academic Assessment Services (Allwell) Test during Periods 1-4. This is a mandatory test and you may remember that all students sat a similar test upon entry to Year 7.
This test forms a key part of Waverley College effectively and consistently measuring the academic growth of all students. When combined with the NAPLAN data, the College will have four years of data measurement to provide feedback to you regarding your son. We also use this data in a variety of ways to improve the delivery of curriculum within the school.
After the testing day you will be provided with a written report, summarising your son’s results. These results will be returned to the College a few weeks after the testing date and will be uploaded to TASS. You will be advised once this has been done.
How does my son prepare for these tests?
There is no course material to study prior to the day. It is a measurement, similar to NAPLAN, to give the College a picture of how your son is progressing during Year 8. It is vitally important on the day for your son to try his best, read the instructions carefully, and use every minute to maximum effect.
What happens if my son is absent from school that day?
There will be another day allocated to enable students to complete the test if they are away.
Information about the Testing Day
Date: Friday, 28 July 2023
- 8:45 am – Start Session 1
- 10:45 am – Recess Break
- 11:05 am – Start Session 2
- 12:30 pm – Finish
Venue: Lacey Gymnasium
On the Day:
- Student must bring two pens – blue or black
- Scientific calculator (not CAS)
- Use the toilet before the first session. Interruption may affect test results
- Relax and do your best. Read the instructions and use every minute to maximum effect
- The tests are held in two (2) sessions with a twenty (20) minute recess break between each session.
Ms Lynsey Porter
Director of Curriculum