Queens Park playing fields
Queens Park has been the home ground for Waverley College since 1937, when levelling and preliminary work was commenced by volunteer parents ‘to convert what was a rough gully into a fine sweep of playing fields’. The College leases the facility from the Centennial and Moore Park Trust and the field is available for public use outside of scheduled school events.
Facilities at Queens Park cater mostly for the school’s participation in rugby, cricket and football (soccer), although a range of other sporting and cadet activities are also held there.
The Queens Park playing fields incorporate the Tom and Midge Hayes Pavilion, which houses a grand stand, function room, change rooms and canteen. The Pavilion was built by the College and opened in 1962.
Sports at Queens Park
The College makes use of up to seven playing fields during the winter season. The main field is situated immediately in front of the Pavilion which has tiered seating and a function room overlooking the field.
Up to six cricket pitches are available for the summer season, including two fully prepared turf pitches on the main ovals. Additionally, the College has extensive practice facilities with an ample number of cricket nets within the main campus.
The College makes use of up to seven football fields, providing plenty of opportunity for students to play.
The Main oval incorporates a full-size grassed athletics track which is configured during the Track & Field season.