From the Convenor of Track and Field, Kaitlyn Downey
We had another successful carnival last Saturday 2 September held at ES Marks and with only one more invitational to go before CAS night, the competition is heating up. We had a large turn out of students, which was a real positive considering the Year 10 Dinner Dance and the Year 9 camp were the day before! We had a lot of tired participants but still saw some outstanding results. These included:
Dylan Quirk – 3rd Hurdles
Zac Conacher-Smith – 2nd Long jump
Josh Weinstein – 1st Javelin
Joel Ellis – 2nd Javelin, 3rd Discus
Lewis Thompson – 2nd Shot put
Jack Hardwicke-Owen – 1st 200m, 2nd 100m, 1st High jump, 2nd Long jump
Luca Martin – 3rd Javelin
Barnaby Bickmore-Hutt – 1st Javelin, 3rd in Opens Javelin
Theo Liong – 2nd High Jump
Davvy Moale – 1st Discus
Clem Halaholo – 3rd Discus
Christian Smirnotis – 3rd 100m
James Kambas – 2nd 200m, 3rd 100m, 2nd Hurdles
Dane Towns – 2nd High jump, 2nd Long jump
Alejandro Zanapalis – 2nd Discus
Saturday 9th September is our invitational carnival at ES Marks. Any parents that would like to help on the day, please come and see me at the finish line area and we can put you to good use!
Next Thursday is the carnival we have all been waiting for… the CAS Championships. It is an extremely busy week so please make note of the schedule below and ensure your son is well prepared.
Monday 11 September: Full Team Training
- All athletes are required to be at training for our final full team session.
- Sprints, RELAYS, high jump, hurdles and long jump will all train at ES Marks
- Middle distance, shot put, discus and javelin will all train at Queens Park
Tuesday 12 September: Carbo Night, PAC, 5:30pm
- Compulsory training for all members of the Track and Field Squad at Queens Park. The team will then walk up to the PAC together.
- The official squad will be announced. There will be a special guest to speak to the boys.
- All athletes are to bring a dish of pasta, potatoes or anything else high in carbohydrates to share with the team.
- The food should be delivered hot to the canteen by 5pm or sent to the canteen during the day.
- Any assistance with setting up and decorating the PAC would be greatly appreciated.
Wednesday 13 September: Track and Field Assembly
- Presentation of the Track and Field Team at a full school assembly in the Centenary Quad
- Track and Field Team photo will be taken
- No training this afternoon
Thursday 14 September: CAS Night and Track
- More details will be provided on Carbo Night (CAS Team Booklet)
Friday 15 September: Presentation Night, TAS building, 6:00pm
- Compulsory event for all members of the Track and Field Team
- Awards are given for outstanding performances from CAS night and throughout the season
- The Track and Field Supporter Group will be providing dinner for the boys.
- Any help from parents in setting up or cleaning up would be greatly appreciated.
Waverley to Win!