From the Development and Fundraising Manager, Rebecca Curran
There is much happening in 2017 and definitely more opportunities for the Waverley College community to connect with each other.
Waverley College Parents’ Association
The Waverley College Parents’ Association looks forward to welcoming new and current parents to the new Cosgrove Centre for the annual Welcome Cocktail Party. I encourage you all to attend and meet new parents, the College board and staff. Please RSVP online for this event.
Year Parents & Connecting with other Parents
At the end of 2016, the College put the call out for Year Parents, whose contact details can be found here. Duties of the Year Parents (and parent volunteers) will include:
- Year 5 – Year 6 Graduation/Farewell (in consultation with Director of Junior School)
- Year 6 – Welcome to Year 5 Morning Tea
- Year 7 – Senior School Mother’s Day Mass Morning Tea
- Year 8 – Welcome to Year 7 Morning Tea
- Year 9 – May Procession Afternoon Tea
- Year 10 – Father’s Day Mass Morning Tea
- Year 11 – Year 12 Graduation Lunch
- Year 12 – Parents group gets year off to enjoy the last year of school with their son, but are more than welcome to organise events and or participate in others as time permits
- Past Parents group – RUOK day or other events as time permits
At times parents will need to contact other parents in their son’s year group for a variety of reasons and so we have set up a Parent Social Contact List – you will be able to opt in and by doing this your details will be available for other parents in your child’s year group, and theirs available to you. Year Group Parents will also coordinate parent volunteers for the above events. Please add your contact details to the Parent Social Contact List here.
Dates for Your Diary
- The Waverley College Blue & Gold Ball – Friday 18 August
- This is our major fundraiser for the year and so we are putting the call out to parents and old boys who are able to help out as part of a Ball Committee. Ideally we are looking for members of the Waverley College community who have experience in events and/or who have business or personal connections who may be able to help with sponsorship and the donation of prizes.
- Spirituality Evening – Wednesday 15 March
- Our Director of Mission, Mr Phil Davis encourages members of the College community to attend an evening where issues of faith and belief will be discussed. There will be a special guest speaker and refreshments will be served.
- Years’ 5 & 7 Grandparents’ Morning Tea – Wednesday 5 April
- The College will welcome the Grandparents of our Years 5 and 7 students for a lovely morning tea and experience Waverley College in action!
More details on the above will be communicated in the coming weeks so stay tuned….
Waverley College Old Boys
In exciting news, the Waverley College Old Boys Union has a Facebook page. Search WCOBU and “Like” the page to receive College updates, reunion notices and more.
The WCOBU and Development Office are launching a mentoring program in the near future – creating opportunities for ex-students, already established in their careers to mentor ex-students who are starting out on their career path or looking for a career change. Please contact us if you would like to be added to our Mentoring Program database.
Feel free to call or email me about any of the above and I look forward to seeing you all this year! I can be contacted on 9369 0753 or firstname.lastname@example.org