CAS Summer Sport and COVID-19 Protocols
This week, we have our first full round of CAS Summer sport against St Aloysius’. This will be the first time in quite a while that we are actually playing a competitive round, and I am sure all students, parents and coaches are excited about this.
We do still have a number of COVID-19 protocols in place, and all students and parents need to ensure they are meeting the following requirements:
- All adult visitors to any school sporting venue are QR coding and showing proof of vaccination
- Only one parent per student in any indoor setting
- Masks are required by all spectators and appropriate social distancing
- Any directions given by COVID-19 Marshalls must be followed
- Students must arrive ready to play and depart immediately afterwards
- Change rooms will only be available for 1sts teams
- 1sts will have pre-packaged lunches supplied for Basketball and Cricket, but there will be no sit down lunches or catering for parents
- Any person who has been asked to isolate, is a close contact or shows any symptoms, must not attend, and must seek appropriate testing
Inaugural Sailing Begins!
It was great to see our first ever Sailing group last Saturday undertake their new activities. From all reports, it was a wonderful initiative, led by the students. This is certainly a sport to grow in the future, and Waverley actually has a number of Old Boys who are currently sailing at a national level.
Download the Waverley App Today
With some wet weather forecast at the end of this week, it is important for parents and students to have the Waverley College App on their phones, or ring the wet weather line. Please also note that whilst it may be wet in one area of Sydney, this does not mean that games elsewhere are called off.
The app can be downloaded from your app store. Please use the following instructions to download and set up the app:
Students Must Please Wear Full Summer Playing Kits
All students must also now be fully attired in the full summer playing kits for this weekend please.
Blitz Matches and CIS Trials Nomination Information
Well done also to our 1sts and A teams that competed in various Blitz matches last week. Also a reminder that any student who wishes to nominate for any CIS trials, will need to check the College website for dates as well as fixtures and training schedules.
Good luck to all teams and students this weekend!
Mr Steve O’Donnell
Director of Co-curricular