Click here to view Senior and Junior Sport Fixtures, Results, Training Schedules and Maps
House Athletics Carnival
Congratulations to all students from Years 5-12 who participated in a very successful and enjoyable day at the House Athletics Carnival last Friday. All students should be commended for their high level of participation in all events. The day showcased the students’ skills, determination, and unwavering House spirit in the various track and field events on offer.
Congratulations to LACEY House for winning the House Athletics Carnival!
Congratulations to CONLON House for winning the House Cheering competition.
Thank you to all staff for their involvement during the day and for the large number of parents/carers who attended.
Cadets is an inclusive youth development program designed to develop confidence, resilience and strength of character in our young students. From the beginning of Term 3 Year 8 until the end of Term 1 Year 9, all current Year 8 Waverley students will join the Waverley College Cadet Unit.
To learn more about the cadet program, a Parent Information Evening will be held on Monday, 29 May (Week 6) at 6:30pm in the Performing Arts Centre. As space is limited, please send one parent or carer from each family – students are also welcome to attend.
Please refer to the email sent by the Commanding Officer of the Waverley College Cadet Unit, MAJ(AAC) Julie-Ann de Kantzow.
AFL Indigenous Round – Walawaani Cup
The 1st AFL team played against Cranbrook in a very close game for the Walawaani Cup last Friday night, with Cranbrook winning with the final kick of the game. Thank you to the AFL convenor, Mr Ben Shorthouse, and the AFL Supporters’ Group for putting on an excellent event.
A special thank you to Michael O’Loughlin (former professional Australian Rules footballer and Managing Director and Founder of CMC Indigenous Services), who spoke to the team and presented the jerseys before the game, and all the students involved in the Smoking Ceremony before the game.
Last Friday was a brilliant night for our debating teams, who won five out of the six debates against Corpus Christi – this included an exciting win for our 1st Debating team.
Last Saturday was a big day at Queens Park for Rugby with all ‘A’ teams playing against St Augustine’s on Queens Park 1. Congratulations to our 13As, 2nds and 1st XV who recorded impressive wins.
This week at training in the lead up to our weekend fixtures, Waverley welcomed some ‘legends’ of Rugby, who were involved in the coaching of various teams.
*Thank you to the following ‘legends’ who volunteered their time and expertise; Morgan Turinui, Owen Finegan, Darren Coleman, Andrew Johns, Ben Donaldson and Stephen Hoiles.
Congratulations to the 1st XI Football team who travelled up to the Central Coast last Thursday, and defeated Central Coast Sports College in a penalty shoot-out after the game finished 1-1.
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected for the CAS representative team to compete at the CIS Football championships next week:
- Under 16s – Carter Kersten and Roman Amamoo
- Opens – Charles Hely-Hammond, Jack Crotty and Jett McTavish
Friday Night Game
On Friday night, 26 May, the 1st and 2nd XI Football teams will be playing their CAS Round 5 games against Trinity at Hensley Athletic Field. Kick-off times are 6pm and 7:15pm.
*All students who are attending must be in full Waverley College attire.
Check That You Understand All Co-curricular Expectations
- It is essential that all students allow for enough travel time to ensure they arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the start of their matches.
- All students are required to be wearing full Waverley College sporting attire or full College winter uniform if they are supporting any teams as a spectator.
- Any leave requests need to be made with as much notice as possible, to allow for appropriate adjustments to be made. School co-curricular commitments also take precedence over any club commitments, however, students are entitled to a maximum of two exemptions per calendar year.
- Any student who is sick or injured will require a medical certificate explaining their absence.
- Any absence from training also requires parents/carers to process a co-curricular absence form or an email to the Convenor of that activity, Mr Stephen Wilmot, or myself.
Winter Sports Photos
Winter Co-curricular photos will be held during Week 7 after school. Students are required to wear full Saturday co-curricular activity uniform. A schedule for the week will be released next week.
Good luck to all teams and co-curricular activities this coming weekend.