A big welcome back to all our Waverley College families. I hope the break gave you a chance to slow down and spend quality time with your family. We are back in full swing and excited for the Term ahead.
Just a reminder that students no longer require a blazer in Term 4, except for special events. I have noticed some haircuts that do not align with the College Haircut policy, which can be found on page 25 of the school diary. If your son has been asked to have his hair rectified, please have this done by Monday Week 2.
Please find below some reminders about upcoming events. For all of Term 4 events, please refer to the College calendar.
- 14 October – Round 7 summer sport
- 19 October – Musica Viva incursion
- 21 October – Round 8 summer sport
- 28 October – Round 9 summer sport
- 31 October – Parent Cyber Safety Information Night
- 3 November – Year 6 Retreat Day
- 4 November – Round 10 summer sport
- 7 November – Year 7 (2024) Orientation Day
- 11 November – Round 11 summer sport
- 15 November – Junior School Music Festival, 6pm
- 18 November – Round 12 summer sport
- 27 November – Semester 2 reports published on Parent Lounge
- 28 November – Year 6 laptops return
- 1 December – Year 6 excursion to Raging Waters
- 4 December – Year 6 Graduation Mass, Mary Immaculate, 1pm
- 5 December – Presentation Day
ICAS Assessments 2023
Congratulations to all the students who participated in ICAS Assessments. A special congratulations to the following students who received a credit or above in Writing.
- Distinction – Arlo Buchanan and Flynn Roberts
- Credit – Charles Draper, Rufus Nicholson and Joe Roy
- Credit – James Draper, Boyd Haslam, Ryan Loughrey, Maxim Service and Aristotelis Evgenidis.
Ms Gaby Bransby
Director of Junior School
Summer Co-Curricular Re-Commencement
Round 7 Sport (Saturday, 14 October 2023)
I hope all families have enjoyed a nice and lengthy break from sport since Term 3. It is great to be back enjoying summer co-curricular as the weather begins to warm up and daylight saving has begun.
Please click the button below to view the sports fixture for Round 7 this Saturday, 14 October. All adjustments to times and venues have been noted in red, please take note carefully.
Best of luck to all teams this weekend returning to summer sport.
Junior School Cricket Batting Club
We are excited to announce Junior School students will have access this Term to Friday morning cricket batting sessions with external coaching in the Senior School College nets between 7am-8:15am.
The sessions will be run by 1st Grade cricketer and Waverley Old Boy, Mac Jenkins and his experienced coaches. The sessions will provide students with the opportunity to improve their batting through skills and drills.
Batting Club is a service currently offered to Senior School students Monday-Thursday, with the invitation now being extended to Junior School cricketers wanting to improve their batting.
Please express your interest by clicking the button below. Spaces are limited, so please get in early.
External Sporting Achievements
On the back of a successful NBA Basketball Hoops Invitational for our Waverley team in Term 3, there were three students selected as part of the NBA schools representative holiday camp. This brought all the strongest and highest performing players together from the invitational tournament.
Hunter Bligh, Cruz Peralta and Remy Garvey were selected to attend the NBA camp. They again performed at an extremely high standard and we’re proud of their involvement.
Congratulations to Hunter, who received the most coachable player award at the camp.
Mr Jack Wachtel
Assistant Director of Co-curricular Years 5-8
Term 4 Week 2 – Home Learning
We offer all students in Year 5 and Year 6 the opportunity to receive free additional support after school for the completion of home learning tasks. The afternoon sessions also provide a quiet, supervised study space for students who want to complete their assigned tasks.
Home Learning Club operates in the Learning Hub from 3pm – 4pm – Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays – during school term unless there is a scheduled Professional Development meeting and the club will be closed.
Only register his name once to allow other students the opportunity to attend. The session is limited to 20 spots. There will be a roll call to ensure attendance.
Students are required to stay for the full session unless there is a message in the student diary requesting early leave, a parent’s signature will be required.
As it is important to respect the rights of others to learn and work, all students are expected to settle to work in the Learning Hub and not cause a disturbance for others.
- Monday and Wednesday: Ms Natasha Zivanovic firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday and Thursday: Ms Gaby Bransby email@example.com
If you require any further information, feel free to contact us.
An important note to remember, if afternoon training sessions are cancelled, unfortunately, you cannot send your son to Home Learning as an alternative plan, students are registered for the afternoon sessions in advance and the capacity is always reached.
Try to avoid messaging your son during this period, unless it is urgent.
Ms Natasha Zivanovic
Literacy & Innovation Teacher
This Term Running Club will continue to operate on Mondays at lunchtime.
There will be two options for boys to choose:
- Option 1: boys may run / walk self-paced laps around Waverley Park
- Option 2: structured preseason-style training sessions for Winter sport (AFL, Football and Rugby Union) will be offered at Waverley Park.
Boys will be presented with a series of running challenges with the aim of improving their cardiovascular endurance in preparation for the 2024 Winter Sport Season.
- Boys running laps will be supervised by staff
- Mr McKimm will facilitate the preseason training sessions
- Boys may wear their sport uniform if participating in Running Club
- Boys must be registered with Mr McKimm to participate and should receive his weekly email
- Boys eat upon their return to school and should not disturb or miss learning time back in class.
Should you have any questions about Running Club this Term, please do not hesitate to email Mr McKimm firstname.lastname@example.org
This Term we are pleased to announce that Wednesday Cricket sessions will continue at lunchtimes.
Mr McKimm will facilitate these sessions.
Should you wish to participate, families must register their son by clicking the button below.
Sessions are limited to 20 students and anybody wishing to bat, should bring their own kit.
These sessions are a great opportunity for students who already play cricket, to have an extra training session in their week.
Mr Elliott McKimm
Running and Cricket Club