Well done to all students, staff and coaches on their impressive efforts over the weekend and this week for the start of training and trials. We will continue to conduct internal trials this coming weekend to select teams for the final two weeks of the term.
We have published an updated training schedule that will commence from Monday, 15 November and it is essential that all students, parents and carers check this for a number of changes that will give students more opportunities to train and play.
Whilst we will be selecting some teams this week, we will have an opportunity to retrial and select new teams at the start of 2022. We will also appoint our Summer activity captains and recognise the 1sts teams during Term 1.
Can I also please remind all students, parents and carers about some of the important processes for the next couple of weeks:
- Please check the wet weather line and Waverley app for any updates regarding training or sport cancellations
- Any leave requests for weekend commitments must be in writing, seeking approval to myself as early as possible. Please email: email@example.com
- All students will need to QR code on entry for weekend fixtures at any school sporting venue and students 16 years or older will need to show proof of vaccination status or medical exemption
- No parents or spectators are permitted on school grounds for fixtures
- Students are not to attend if unwell and should seek a negative COVID-test
- Regular use of hand sanitiser and use of face masks is required unless undertaking vigorous physical activity
- Students should wear the updated co-curricular gear for weekend activities
- Year groups are labelled by their 2022 Year Group as our Summer season continues through into Term 1
- No change rooms will be in use unless undertaking aquatic activities
- Students should arrive on Saturdays ready to play and depart immediately at the conclusion of their fixture
- Students must ensure they are only using their own water bottles
- There is continued ongoing capital works on Darley Road, Queens Park and students need to ensure that they are taking appropriate precautions when entering and leaving that venue
- When entering the Waverley College senior campus each Saturday, students should only be using Gate 10 adjacent to the Performing Arts Centre on Birrell Street, and no other access points please.
Good luck to all students and teams for their trials and selections this week.
Mr Steve O’Donnell
Director of Co-curricular