From Mary Ramsey, President of the Waverley College Parent Association
I’d like to welcome to all new families to the College. It was great to meet you at the Parent Association breakfast on Wednesday. We had so many parents attending the event – a positive indicator of a highly engaged parent community!
For those of you who I have not had the pleasure of meeting, I am Mary Ramsay, and this is my first year as the President of the Waverley College Parent Association. I’m a mother of two boys here at the College.
About the Parent Association
- Mary Ramsay – President
- Lisa Sullivan-Smith – Vice-President
- Linda McGuiggan – Vice-President
- Hayley O’Sullivan – Secretary
- Deb Johnson – Treasurer
Our governing principles are that we:
- work in partnership with the College in providing our boys with a Catholic education in the traditions of Edmund Ignatius Rice
- act as a conduit for two-way information between the school and parents, carers and friends of our college community
- create a friendly and welcoming environment where parents can meet, socialise and become actively involved
- provide a platform for raising funds for the benefit of our boys and the College
- provide a discussion forum for matters affecting our boys’ education and development
There are many ways parents at Waverley College can be involved:
Join a Supporter Group
Supporter Groups assist with various activities at the College, creating to a friendly and inclusive community. Some are formally run and have regular meetings whilst others operate as the need arises. You can attend meetings and/or volunteer to perform a role. Just do what you can when time permits. Read more about Supporter Groups here.
Become a Parent Year Representative
It’s a great way to meet other parents from your son’s year, have your say and stay informed. The more support we have from parents, the better. Find out more about becoming a Parent Year Representative here.
Download the SkoolBag App to read the weekly newsletter – the source of truth of all information.
Join the Parent Facebook Group
Join the Parent Facebook Group for your son’s year group, which are run by the Year Parent Representatives. Think of it as a hub to catch up on all your son’s year group news and to connect online with other parents. These don’t replace normal communications from the School. If you don’t have Facebook, you will still receive all the information relevant to your son’s year group.
Events for the calendar
- Parent Association Cocktail Party – Saturday 24 February, 6.30pm -10.30pm REGISTER TO ATTEND NOW
- Blue & Gold Ball – Held in 2017 for the first time in forty years, this is the biggest College fundraising event of the year. If you can help by way of sponsorship, donation of prizes or just by volunteering to help set up or pack down, please contact the Development Office email@example.com
- Parent Socials – Regular drinks nights are organised by Parent Year Representatives
- Educational Evenings for Parents – Led by parenting experts including Michael Carr-Gregg. Dates will be announced soon.
Waverley College is an amazing school. I hope you enjoy these precious years as much I have.
Waverley College Parent Association