From the Director of Co-curriculum, Patrick Brennan
Waverley College has been asked to pilot a new SportPlates App and, in return, students who take part in the six week trial will earn themselves $200.
The aim of the app is to make the process of learning to drive easier for learners and their Supervisors.
The current manual entry of a logbook is a pain point for learners and parents so to solve this problem developers from the insurance sector have created SmartPlates, an app which tracks and automatically records distance driven, weather conditions, route taken, traffic information and more. The app will bring the logbook into the 21st century making the process easier, convenient and more accurate.
Students wishing to participate in the Pilot will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Download the SmartPlates app onto their mobile phone.
- Drive a minimum of once per week using the SmartPlates app during the Pilot period (28 November 2016 to 9 January 2017).
- Complete the feedback form on the SmartPlates website by 9 January 2017 or leave feedback on the SmartPlates app.
- Participants also have the option of creating video diary entries throughout the Pilot which may be used by AAMI for SmartPlates marketing purposes in the future (not compulsory).
- Learners will be remunerated with a $200 Visa Debit Gift Card at the conclusion of the Pilot provided that they complete the above criteria.
In order to participate students should fulfil the following:
- Hold a valid Learner Permit.
- Hold a minimum of 7 hours driving experience either with a supervisor or an accredited driving instructor.
- Have access to a mobile phone to download and use the SmartPlates app.
- Internet access and an email address to receive further information.
- Access to a car, supervisor or accredited driving instructor.
Emails will be sent out early next week to all students in Years 10 and 11. Please note that the sign-up page will cap at 100 students – so it’s a first in best-dressed scenario.