In this edition read about an Immersion to Walgett by our Head of Learning Support, training in resilience for our Year 12 students and some great cake decorating by Year 10 students.
More News and Events
Junior School Canteen Roster
- Monday 21/11 – Karen Neate
- Tuesday 22/11 – Nicci Hill & Rachel Kelly
- Wednesday 23/11 – Sandy Templeton-Martin & Frances Richards
- Thursday 24/11 – Colette Wilson & Anne-Maree Snelling
- Friday 25/11 – Stephanie Schofield & Mel Cahill
Private music lessons
Private music lessons are held in the Performing Arts Centre by external tutors on specific days and times. Instruction is available in a large range of instruments, theory, voice and composition. The College views the study of music as an essential part of each student’s development. The extension of this study through private tuition on an instrument is strongly encouraged because of the flow-on benefits to performance in other academic areas.
To commence private music lessons in 2017 there is now an online form. Please follow the instructions and complete the application form: Private Music Tuition Form. Click on the link.https://waverleycollege.wufoo.eu/forms/music-tuition-fee-schedule-2017/
Written notification by parents must be received by Friday 25 November if students will not be continuing private music tuition next year. Hired instruments, locker keys or other music equipment must be returned by the end of Term 4 if students will not be continuing private music tuition next year. Please return to either Mrs Coupe in the Junior School or Mrs Kossenberg at the Senior School. Hire fees will continue to be billed until the instrument is returned.
All Music Faculty enquiries should be directed to the PAC Administrator, Mrs Kossenberg on 9369 0623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 10 November 6.00pm, Studio Concert Piano Students of Barry Kenny, Recital Room
- Friday 11 November 11.00am Cadet Band, Remembrance Day Ceremony, Waverley Park
- Thursday 17 November 6.00pm Junior School – Waterford Music Festival, PAC
- Friday 18 November 2.00pm Concert Band Performance for the Opening of the Cosgrove Centre
- Tuesday 29 November Graduation Ceremony – Full Concert Band and Brass Ensemble
- Wednesday 30 November Graduation Ceremony – Jazz Band and Brass Ensemble
Maths Quirky Conundrum - Win a $5 Canteen Voucher
Congratulations to Jordan Whittaker who has won last week’s draw with the correct answer of 8. He comes from Ms Floyd’s Year 8 class.
This week’s question
If a class of children is separated into groups of 5 children, 2 children will be left over. If the class is separated into groups of 6 children, 3 will be left over. What is the smallest number of children the class could have?
All correct entries go into a weekly draw for a $5 Canteen voucher. Hand in your solution to your Mathematics teacher.